One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
I'd get the bottle, turn it upside down, shake it a bit and collect whatever semi-dries on the inside lid. Scrape, or pull that product from the lid. It should pull off in a rubbery stringy stretchy mess. I don't think you would even have to glue it in place on the egg. It should just stick to it. And the best thing is, if you mess up it will just pull right off.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
I wonder if just plain white glue, applied with a toothpick might work, you could string it out,

I would let it dry a little first in a Dixie cup...then apply when just right

actually it looks kind of yellow, I would use carpenter glue

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
maybe a picture will help. I just dunked two fingers into some liquid latex and moved thumb and forefinger back and forth for about 10 seconds and you can see the stringiness start. It dries quickly though. I would think you could just dollop some in one spot and start to stretch it over the egg. Again, it peels off easily enough if you mess up. I do like Crusader and Warden's ideas too, however. Glue is cheap and snot is free!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Spread out the liquid rubber or elmer's on a piece of wax paper, let it dry or semi dry then stick it to whatever. I would go with liquid latex if you have some, once it dries and ages it gets that yellowy mucus look, plus it will stretch more.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I had some liquid latex from halloween makeup--you can use it to make fake scars and junk.
You just dab it on with the supplied brush or your own brush and wait for it to semi dry. Then you rub your finger over it and it will break up and look similar to what you see on these eggs.

Then you can add more layers or add strings you make separately where you like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.