One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Forehead Face Hair Head Outerwear
Forehead Nose Cheek Lip Outerwear

I re-purposed a head from a Titans Vinyl (part of Funko, IIRC) collectible range (not a bad resemblance for about $5), and used a suit and trench coat I already owned to throw together an outfit that looked close enough (instead of sewing a more accurate outfit from scratch).

·
Registered
254 Posts
Re: Mr Wednesday Kitbash, American Gods

Wow. I have never heard if this character or show. I just looked it up. Good job on finding the sculpt. I recognize that guy from the John Wick movie. Do you make custom outfits? I'm thinking of making myself a Kim Jong-un and doubt I could find his iconic jumpsuit.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts

Great job, I like it much!

But your description will drive someone crazy if they try to replicate it, because that head is Titans, not Funko. Someone ordering the Funko Mr. Wednesday for this would be pretty disappointed -- Titans are heavily stylized, but the Funko Pops are outright cartoons. Titans heads are a hidden 1/6 resource -- no one thinks of them because the figures are 3" tall but the style is 1 1/2" head and 1 1/2" body. TITANS: Titan Merchandise: American Gods: American Gods: TITANS: Collection from American Gods @ ForbiddenPlanet.com - UK and Worldwide Cult Entertainment Megastore Lots of other interesting Titans heads if you can accept slight caricature style.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Moonbase Alpha: I edited the original post to say Titans Vinyl instead of Funko. A lot of them are too cartoonish for me, but several of them have given me affordable alternatives. I didn't like the official Arya figure enough to warrant the price, so I used a Titans head to make my own. I doubt I'll ever see an official Sansa or Sarah Jane Smith or Master (Roger Delgado) anytime soon, so Titans heads let me make my own. And if I see an unofficial version I like later, I don't feel too bad about replacing a head I picked up on eBay for $5 or less.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts

Moonbase Alpha: I edited the original post to say Titans Vinyl instead of Funko. A lot of them are too cartoonish for me, but several of them have given me affordable alternatives. I didn't like the official Arya figure enough to warrant the price, so I used a Titans head to make my own. I doubt I'll ever see an official Sansa or Sarah Jane Smith or Master (Roger Delgado) anytime soon, so Titans heads let me make my own. And if I see an unofficial version I like later, I don't feel too bad about replacing a head I picked up on eBay for $5 or less.
That's the spirit! Actually thanks for reminding me about the Titans as 1/6 fodder. And yes, one that I always meant to track down and use was that vintage Master from Dr Who. One catch with buying them in the primary market is the blind boxing (or the secondary market gets expensive). Forgive me for correcting your description but I was just concerned if maybe others could end up ordering the wrong thing.

On an unrelated subject, I'm still hoping before ThreeZero close off Game of Thrones altogether, their final figs might be Sansa or better yet, Melisandre.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.