One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was a figure done for fun. No heavy research and not intensive bashing on small parts - I let someone else do that for a change. It did take some time... I meant to do it two years ago. Some of Fire03 recent posts kick started me and we got two feet of snow - in sixth scale! So now was the time. I had added a beard to the hs and used him in a couple of temporary bashes, as well as the leather buckskin pants. The capote, mittens and snowshoes were Manitou Free trader parts I bought from Good Stuff To Go. The best part was the mountain man set I got from my friend Ed - Intents2002, also a long time ago.
His musket and leather gear, knives and all came from Ed. He is really a great boost for anyone interested in 19th Century 1/6 figures, both in the treasures he makes and his great inspiration and encouragement. So this one is dedicated to Ed. Couldn't have done it without you, pal!

I can take credit for one other thing. I know you can't just plop a figure down in the middle of the snow without some kind of tracks. Looking around, I found a long wood working clamp and used a Dog Soldier cavalry boot and another snowshoe to build a tool for making tracks. After that it was just waiting for the sun to come out. Enjoy! I did.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NEW PICS 01/30/21

So my sister-in-law really liked this figure, so I decided to give it to her for her birthday. Took a wooden base, drilled it for support screws and added Sculptamold for the snow. My extra snowshoe print-maker got another use and I set them into the snow. After it dried I screwed the figure in place and sprayed Woodland Scenics Scenic Cement and sprinkled their snow onto it. The figure got the same treatment, including some frozen "material" on his mustache, and snow on his eyebrows.
This has to be one of the easiest figures I've done, yet he looks - well, you decide for yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts