1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
She's fine with the toy guns though....

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
I wonder how some parents would react if TRU ever carried and sold some of the 1:6 stuff that we buy regularly?
It's already been tested......when it was first released (2003), the TUS PAK40 had to be pulled and re-packaged to say "75mm Anti-tank gun WWII", removing the original wording which included "German"......I guess someone was offended by the description "German".....although they left the red, white and black strips and the "Balkenkreuz" symbol.........

Also, the TUS WWII German soldiers did not have a swastika in the breast eagle and the side of the helmet....just an "X".....otherwise, they would not have been in TRU either.....another reason why DML WWII Germans were never in TRU.....

Attachments

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
At the height of action figure mania of the 1990's, I still remember the hullabaloos surrounding
the 'SPAWN' action figures first came out back then...oh and I also recall the protestations on some of
the 21st Century products by some angry mothers...so this doesn't surprise me at all. It will be business
as usual once this thing dies down a bit.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
In reaction to TRU pulling the figures, Bryan Cranston said he was "burning his Florida mom action figure."

An apt response.

:lol:lol

·
God Bless America
1,528 Posts
People are stupid. Very, very stupid. This is along the same lines as parents that didn't want McDonalds to have toys with their Happy meal, because it would make their kids want the unhealthy food.
Never mind the fact that the parent could SAY NO and NOT BUY the toys for the kids. And if the kid does want the toy, does that mean the parent let their kid watch the show, which is even worse?

Spineless parents make wimpy kids, which grow up to be weak-minded people.

People are hypocrites. Just wait. As long as the media keeps reacting to every shooting like it happens every minute of every day, it won't be long before all toy guns are pulled too.
Actually, toy guns have pretty much already been pulled. I remember as a kid, Toys 'R' Us had a rifle rack with cap-guns in an aisle full of toy guns. Now, weird looking Nerf types are all you can get.
Kids don't play cops-n-robbers, cowboys-n-indians or war anymore.

It's very sad when you really think about it and connect the dots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts