·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,822 Posts
WELL . . .

It's reassuring to know the idiocy is not isolated to US eBay sellers.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
WELL . . .

It's reassuring to know the idiocy is not isolated to US eBay sellers.
To be fair if I saw this figure posted by a newbie on OSW I would have a vaguely positive reaction and I would probably say something encouraging. I agree that the reaction is different when it's somebody on E-Bay "asking for" $70, but maybe he just doesn't have an adequate frame of reference. Was it Napoleon who said that we should never attribute anything to malevolence that can be adequately explained by stupidity?
________
The guidance counselor was surprised: "I didn't even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category."

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,822 Posts
To be fair if I saw this figure posted by a newbie on OSW I would have a vaguely positive reaction and I would probably say something encouraging. I agree that the reaction is different when it's somebody on E-Bay "asking for" $70, but maybe he just doesn't have an adequate frame of reference. Was it Napoleon who said that we should never attribute anything to malevolence that can be adequately explained by stupidity?
--

You have much higher tolerance (or is it forgiving nature) than I.

I just don't have the tolerance for idiocy & stupidity anymore on any level. Hopefully, I don't fall prey to or act out such idiocy & stupidity that I despise.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Who is Evah? What nerdy language is that?:dizzy

Is it so hard to use a proper language? :rolleyes

:hat

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who is Evah? What nerdy language is that?:dizzy

Is it so hard to use a proper language? :rolleyes

:hat
I was trying to write in a chav like way to help show my sarcasm (to ensure osw members didnt think i was being serious)

·
1:1 Humanoid Automaton
284 Posts
I remember coming across this sometime ago, Im suprised this custom hasnt sold yet lol. Reminds me of the 1/6 walking dead customs that were for sale awhile back, guy had made nearly every character from the first 3 seasons but they all look like they came from a claymated Christmas speacial haha.
There not there anymore but heres a awesome daryl dixon I saw recently
http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-Daryl-Di...0691?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item27e73b5863

·
Where's your God now, Forrest?
335 Posts
Thanks for posting that jaztermareal, made I larf.

p.s. Wot is MEHall on abaht? ur inglish is well gud, innit. u woz just customising it. :wink

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,538 Posts

p.s. Wot is MEHall on abaht? ur inglish is well gud, innit. u woz just customising it. :wink
:lol :thumb

As for the figure, well we all started somewhere, this could just be a kid trying to fit into an adult collectors world. I've seen some really funny youtube reviews on Transformers where an 11 year old will try to to copy the adult collectors' style of reviewing, even saying things like this " Well your children might like it but I only recomend it for an adult collector who is serious" and so on. :wink

·
Registered
760 Posts
I've seen worse TBH. There used to be a seller who made a custom Arnie figure using a Knock off head and a wrestler type body. Nothing wrong with that, but then he added a huge wang to it. WTF!!!

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

innit mate

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i can understand if its a newbie customiser, but since it is on ebay its prob actually just someone who knows they made crap but also knows someone will buy it. ive seen a lot of those sellers.

·
Guardian of Hades
1,558 Posts
:lol Good grief.

But who knows?
:dunno This looks like the work of a child and it very well could be, so I will try to judge it by their standards.

At any rate, only a relative would pay that much for it.
(Mum and Dad maybe?)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts