One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the latest.

Not much improvement, but I'm trying...

Martin Kleist painted for the second time.

Not to forget good 'Ol Horst...

Phillip Wagner

I even painted the teeth inside this sucka's mouth.

And the one that came out like crap-

Elmo Freytag...

Gotta try again with this one.

Well that's it for now...

Gotta take a break from this, I feel like I'm trying too hard.
:rolleyes

Does anyone know what ever happened to Boot25?

I'd really like to see some of his latest work.

John, I want to thank you for inspiring me to do this, and I'm not the only one who'd been inspired. I know many can agree with me on this.
Thank you John.

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
You are selling yourself short. These are friggin awsome!! If only I had 1/4 of the skill and talent, I would be happy!!

I even like the Elmo Freitag work. He looks real, especially with the right eye. Almost as if it has been damaged at some point in his life.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Don't know what you're grippin' about, those are excellent. If it's the unevenness of the eyes, no sweat, there's lots of people with uneven eyes, just makes yours more believable.
Keep up the great work!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Those are all superb,

Stopping when you're satisfied is often a very hard thing to do. I ruined several paintjobs by trying to change things that really didn't need it. Elmo looks superb to me and he's way better than stuff I've done. As Griz said, nobody has perfect eyes, actually that's something I could do with remembering. A little irregularity can really bring things out that would ordinarily go unnoticed.

Keep at it, you're doing great

CHEERS!

·
WWII Guy
1,418 Posts
Boba...

Your doing fine! practice is what it takes. Your weakness like mine is eyes. They take time to get right and even as long as I've been at it I still wind up painting heads a few times most of the time. One thing I do is take ultra close ups of the face to check out how they look. I'll also use "paint" to actually paint the jpg to get things to look right and then do my best to make it happen on the sculpt itself.

As far as Boot he's around but I think he gets real busy at work and seems to drop off the grid for a while he'll be back......

and put us allto shame! ;)

Cya,
Hankster

1 - 15 of 15 Posts