One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently posted a couple of threads highlighting ZY Toys' recent releases of beach/deck chairs (HERE) and a beach/deck umbrella (HERE).

These very nifty sixth-scale accessories (essentially, furniture) inspired me to look into additional pieces of the kind. So I picked up a black office chair from ZC World, and a black regular (portable) umbrella from ZY Toys. Eight photos follow below.

Both are excellent and fully articulated. The ZC World office chair rotates on its base, and the base's individual wheels turn and swivel, just like on a real chair. The chair's back support is slightly articulated, to help with seating poses at different angles. Unlike a real office chair, you cannot work the little lever to adjust the height, but the stem going into the base is on a spring, which means that when you seat an action figure on the chair, the seat lowers to whatever height is appropriate for the position of the action figure's legs. By itself, the chair is 6.75 in tall.

The ZY Toys umbrella is of the older, classical design, with a curved wooden handle (in brown, with real wood-like streaks), a potentially fatal silver pointy end, and a beautifully executed articulated metal construction that supports the black cloth cover. Further, there is a buckled strap that allows you to "tie" the umbrella when it is closed. Just like the much larger ZY Toys beach umbrella, this one works exactly like the real thing. The umbrella is about 6.5 in long.

Hope you like them. I certainly did.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow. Ironically, I was looking at the desk chair and desk offerings on Ebay for one of my projects. This chair is one I was looking at. Glad to know it is as good as I hoped. The umbrella may come in handy for a potential John Steed (from the '60s "Avengers" spy show fame) project I have in mind for down the road.

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hawkdoc60, they are both really good pieces. But just so you know, the chair is all plastic (except for a couple of metal screws underneath and the internal spring), there's no real upholstery or softness to it. But it still looks right.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Don't you know it's bad luck to open an umbrella indoors? :wink

But seriously these look great as did the deck chairs and the parasol you showed previously. Thanks. Of the 4 items, the only one that I was aware of before your posts was the office chair. The umbrella looks as excellent as the one from DiD Becker, but that one has a skull handle and a hidden blade, so that's hard to beat.

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moonbase Alpha Male: Yep, but I figured 1:6 umbrellas don't apply to 1:1 indoors. Besides the umbrella bit was not technically intended to be interpreted as indoors.
I am happy to bring additional options to your attention. After all, that's why I posted these threads in the first place. And yes, the umbrella you describe sounds like a much more elaborate piece.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Moonbase Alpha Male: Yep, but I figured 1:6 umbrellas don't apply to 1:1 indoors. Besides the umbrella bit was not technically intended to be interpreted as indoors.
I am happy to bring additional options to your attention. After all, that's why I posted these threads in the first place. And yes, the umbrella you describe sounds like a much more elaborate piece.
Yeah, not just for his umbrella, but what a great figure this was and still is: Review and photos of DiD Becker SD Plain Clothes sixth scale action figure It was missed or underrated a bit because it was within a "military" series but it's so good for Indiana Jones, even Avengers Hydra, a Punisher villain, or anything like that. Crawford's review compares it to Marx West Sam Cobra, which is high praise to us old guys.

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
looks ok, the umbrella is good, but ZCWO has done way better office chairs.

i own two and they are superb, now if zcwo would make more of these...

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
looks ok, the umbrella is good, but ZCWO has done way better office chairs.

i own two and they are superb, now if zcwo would make more of these...
Except the ones that GubernatorFan showed looked like the actual office chairs I see everywhere, pretty close to what I'm sitting in right now. While I'm sure these ones with the weave back are out there irl somewhere but they mean nothing to me. For that matter they wouldn't be office-suitable most places I know. They may even be better made as a 1/6 item but that's a big difference.

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CobraTrooper11 - Thanks for sharing the photo of ZC World's other, more colorful and weaved office chairs. They do look impressive, but as Moonbase Alpha Male said, they do not look as realistic or as typical to me. If given a choice, I would have gone with the less impressive but more "typical" look every time. By the way, if it is vivid color that attracts you, the ZC World office chair I was highlighting does come in different colors too (I think I saw an option in red, but avoided it as less typical).
Ephiane - Thanks and welcome!

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Thanks for the photos and review.

I believe an umbrella might be in my future.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts