One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wishing these Wayward Warriors a Happy Birthday---

gespiper68, bionicmonkey, and Knightwalker (42)

Now on to the Trivia! Here's the question--

If it wasn't for a persistent celebrity this SUV family probably wouldn't be around for civilians. What vehicle am I talking about? Also, who was the celebrity that spurred it into being?

Let's see who gets the correct answers first! :thumb

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
True story...

Shortly after the LA Riots in 1992, when my MP unit had some adventures on the streets of Los Angeles in our M1025/M1026 slantback Humvees, I was released from active duty and went back to my civilian job. Driving thru downtown Venice Beach to my job in Santa Monica one early morning, I spy up ahead a tan slantback Humvee coming my way on the other side of the street. As it gets closer, I could see a black stenciled marking on the side (only unique thing about MP humvees versus other military slantbacks was a stenciled “Military Police” on the side over the rear wheels).

I think to myself, that’s odd, whats this guy still doing out here? As it gets closer, I can see the driver has got a stogie in his mouth and the stenciled marking says “Terminator”. As it stops at the light across from me, it dawns on me that the driver is none other then Ahnuld himself. He gives me a friendly nod, and I nod back. He is driving his new ride to the restaurant he just recently bought in Venice, Schazti’s.

So, from that point forward, Ahnuld and I would wave or nod at each other during our morning commute.

He eventually had it customized some, and has owned several more civilian models.

One of my more memorable brushes with the hoi polloi here in the city of Angels!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts