One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Welcome aboard Bear(Argyll)..I am not registered over a milphotos but I do recall reading some of your posts and slapdowns on some of the folks there..very entertaining...hope you have fun here, we're a pretty mellow crowd here.

·
Baconforce
24 Posts
I have a question for y'all, does anybody know the difference between the
following kits issued throughout SOCOM:

- MLCS (used by Navspecwar / Army SF?)
- RLCS (used by Ranger btn?)
- MBSS (used by Navspecwar?)

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I have a friend who is ARMY SF show me his MLCS gear(don't even think they call it that but I'll use it since you refer to ARMY SF) that he got issued for deployment. It consisted of all Eagle Industries gear, all in khaki tan to include CIRAS(Maritime version) vest, RRV(Rhodesian Recon Vest) chest harness platform, H-Harness platform, soft armor vest and a ton of pouches like in the pic posted by Wimpie above in post #32. He joked about how you could literally loadout 3 guys with one kit with the amount of pouches given to 1. I think there might have been more but most of that stuff was extra given to him by his Battalion supply in addition to the ginormous bag of Eagle stuff each of his team got issued. I know some of his team carried Eagle chestrigs too over their CIRAS vests from pics I have seen.

In the book "Weapons of the Rangers", the RLCS is a Eagle RRV with back plate carrier and all the pouches as in the MLCS kit for ARMY SF, except in OD.

I have no info on NSW MBSS kit.

Hope this helps.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Quite an infopedia there hqpham. Despite being a modern collector, all those acryonyms and subsystems made my head spin. :p

Oh and Bear, your look pretty bada--ed there. Welcome to the wonderful world of post count, and take care of yourself and your mates over there :)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Frickin sweet.

Great idea!

Nasty

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Really nice Mr. Green, is that a paraclete concealment vest that you are running under the plate carrier?

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's the soft armor that comes with the kit. There's also a carrier that holds both the soft armor and the plates, but it doesn't offer as much webbing and flexibility. I have a different concealment vest from Point Blank.

G

·
Wild Bunch Customs
807 Posts
That's not a thumb break snap back on that holster, it's a concealment holster bolted onto the armor, that's the rubber belt loop.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Some pics I snatched from SPECWar Gear.com

AWS DA trauma vest

AWS CQB vest

Crye Chassis armor

CIRAS

MBSS Plate carrier

41 - 57 of 57 Posts