One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone used the GamesWorkshop modleing clay on their figures? This is the blue and yellow clay that must be mixed together to get green. Most commonly known as green stuff. I was wondering if it had caused any problems. I am building a dwarf/small person and am thinking of using greenstuff to smooth out the seems. I have all of the pieces cut down and am going to start gluing them together this weekend.

Update:
I cut the pieces apart. I am not an advanced modeler. I tried to fit them together best I could. I used the green stuff to reinforce the glue seems. They look hideous but with some clothes on I think this will be OK. Apparently I got glue in the swivel joint in the bicep on BOTH arms. Now he has limited articulation but he will do for what I want. The head is not what I imagined. He needs at least a goatee. I will probably try to scuplt one on him this week. Please let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Mobilis in mobili
690 Posts
I've used green stuff on my warhammer models, but yet to use em on 1/6. I think it's basically epoxy but more easier to use. From what i've experience, its' a good and relatively easy to use. It doesn't show any problems when I use em on the plastic models, and the guys at GamesWorkshop sculpt figures using green stuff.

I hope I answered your question. Good luck on the figure, hope to see it soon.

·
Mobilis in mobili
690 Posts
thank you for bringing this question up. I was also wondering the same thing about using green stuff on 1/6th. Good luck on the project. i'm sure it will turn up awesome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts