One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought Id share my first completed sixthscale project, a movie-accurized Hot Toys Hicks figure. This along with the Hudson figure were my introduction to sixthscale collecting eartlier in the year but due to time and money constraints I havent been able to expand on my collection yet. Regardless, these figures have provided alot of enjoyment and creative challenges, working to make them more screen-accurate.

Changes involved weathering the armor pieces, fading the bdus and adding detail such as the graffitti on the back, swapping the knife and scracthbuilding a screen-accurate USCM headset. The modification which transformed this figure though was the incredible headsculpt by Les Walker . . the likeness is stunning. Here some closeups of the details I changed/added.

Thanks for looking.

·
Huge Predator Mark
125 Posts
this figure was what got me into 1/6 collecting. i got mine about 6 months ago for $145 - saw one go on ebay for $310 - man, am i glad i picked it up when i did. needless to say, i searched high and low for customs people had done of him - a lot of people had some really awesome stuff, but from the hours of going over and over the film, searching for (usually inaccurate) props all over the internet - yours in the most accurate i've seen. it looks like his pants even fit more accurately! beautiful, beautiful work.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hiya, Stendec!

Amazing looking figure! Excellent weathering, and, as you said, a incredible head sculpt. Did you paint it? About the only thing he needs is a Dropship!

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Pretty darn smart!

One of the best Hicks I've seen, well done! BTW, how did Hudson turn out, I don't remember seeing any pics of him. In the end, I'm glad you didn't let me paint him as, now I've seen Hicks, I couldn't have done Hudson justice.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate it :)I'l post pics of my Hudson when I have the heads' resculpting and painting finished.

In the new year I'l be able to afford more figure and contribute more on this geat forum. My next project hopefully will be a modified Medicom Boba Fett.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Excellent work!! You made Hicks look 100% better!

I do 1/1 Colonial Marines costuming, and you nailed it!

What method did you use to fade the bdu's?

-Rex

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys.

I replaced the stock Hot Toys bdus (way too yellow) with a set from EVA models, whos colours are alot more screen accurate. Then I put them through a wash cycle well over 15 times lol but they would not fade to the degree I wanted. So I then mixed Humbrol 71 (a light creamy colour) with Humbrol 27 (a dark grey) in roughly equal measure, thinned it down and brushed it onto the bdus. Came out great because they look faded and slightly dirty too.

Heres another pic, sporting my scratchbuilt headset, the detail I am most proud of :) In the new year I am having the tattoo Hicks had on his left arm painted on by Les who is going to colourmatch the arms and hands to his facial skintone.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry to bump a dead thread but I'd appreciate your feedback on an addition I made to my figure. I bought a DML RUSSEL so I could use his body (with the rubber arms) on Hicks because it seemed more suited to the characters build than most other muscle bodies.

Well it turns out that even this body has pretty big arms so I was wondering if you guys think it looks right? In the pic the head sits abit awkewardly because its just balanced on there plus the neck of this headsculpt is slightly longer than that of the dragon head.

Im not keen on how the armor sits on the body in general either and im thinking of transplanting the DML arms onto the Hot Toys body. This looks like quite a difficult task so do you guys have any advice on how to tackle this?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,

i think everything is allright. Just a little dirt on the arms and all will be fine!

Where can i get this incredible headsculpt?
Is Les Walker selling them, or is this a one of a kind?

bye
Skotty

1 - 20 of 35 Posts