One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Modern Warfare 2 - Task Force 141 operative in urban wear (pic heavy)

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Vanquisher1000 
#1 ·
Here are a couple of photos of my most recent bash, a Task Force 141 operative as he appears in the mission, "The Hornet's Nest". A little rough around the edges, but this is about as good of a bash I can make given my current skills/experience in this hobby. I've had the desire to do this guy for years, so it's definitely cool to see it all come to life!

Couple of reference photos:

Now some stills of the figure, which I'd say is pretty much complete at this point:
Toy Breastplate Personal protective equipment Helmet Armour

Helmet Sports gear Glove Goggles Ballistic vest

Helmet Ballistic vest Camouflage Boba fett Military uniform

Sleeve Standing Toy Breastplate Boba fett

Helmet Ballistic vest Camouflage Military uniform Military person

Toy Shield Tableware Insect Helmet

Ballistic vest Military uniform Machine gun Helmet Camouflage

Camouflage Ballistic vest Military camouflage Squad Helmet

Ballistic vest Camouflage Eyewear Helmet Military camouflage

Tableware Window Wine glass Stemware Personal protective equipment

I tried to match the in-game model as best as I could, but I had to strike a balance between accuracy and avaliability of parts. The DAM DEA jeans are a bit darker than the jeans in the game, but also easy to get - same deal with the ISOF vest/pouches (coyote tan vs the ranger green equipment used in the game). Overall, though, I'm happy with the outcome. Thank you for looking!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Its good. But I'll bet you could get even better.

I would suggest using some tyre black paint to tone down the too-shiny black on the front of his helmet and fill in the tan inner. Use some tape to cover over the areas you don't want to paint. And the water lid on the camelback should be black too. You could also repaint his gloves to match your reference photos.

You could use some watered down acrylic paint to redye his shirt, mask and the plate carrier and pouches to match the colours in your pic too. The mask in the reference pics looks quite textured - if you cut up a sock could you make your own?

The front pouches are wrong. The squarish ones in the reference pics are smaller and don't have any anything on the front surface of the pouch...

I'd be interested to see how far you could take it. I'd bet that even with just one or two of those changes you'll be a lot closer to the reference pics.

Don't worry - I'm VERY sure there's plenty to critique in my attempts too.

#4 · (Edited)
Its good. But I'll bet you could get even better.

I would suggest using some tyre black paint to tone down the too-shiny black on the front of his helmet and fill in the tan inner. Use some tape to cover over the areas you don't want to paint. And the water lid on the camelback should be black too. You could also repaint his gloves to match your reference photos.

You could use some watered down acrylic paint to redye his shirt, mask and the plate carrier and pouches to match the colours in your pic too. The mask in the reference pics looks quite textured - if you cut up a sock could you make your own?
I certainly will consider these suggestions. I've never really been much of a painter or customizer, but there are definitely some areas where some extra paint could help enhance the figure. Never thought of making a balaclava from a sock, but I'll definitely have to try that out.

The front pouches are wrong. The squarish ones in the reference pics are smaller and don't have any anything on the front surface of the pouch...
Most of the pouches are wrong, actually (did my best given my limited knowledge of military equipment and the current pool of available parts on the market) - I mainly tried to capture the theme. The two on the front are, like you say, definitely bigger and don't match the shape of the reference (they should have MOLLE strips on them, though, but it's a bit hard to tell from the reference shots I provided), so I'll certainly look into it.

I appreciate your critique, and perhaps down the line will try out some of your suggested techniques. Thank you for looking!

Attachments

#5 ·
I think you've done a fine job with your bash. He looks really good to me. I'm always going back to a lot of my stuff trying to improve it.
Maybe you could make some elbow sleeves or get some elbow pads. I try to cover up elbow and wrist joints to make them seem more real.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.