One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my recently purchased Modeling Toys Metropolitan Police Officer... and what a wonderful figure he is.

From what I can tell he is very accurate, although the side handle truncheon is not a common sight. A more appropriate device would be the extending version without the side handle. The truncheon holder is also upside down (see last pic).

With working buttons on the shirt, trousers and epaulettes you need tweezers or nails to get him properly dressed.
The belt kit is quite fiddly to assemble and the body armour sides need flattening as they tend to stick out due to the inner zipper being quite springy. I glued mine flat and it looks much better. The equipment includes such gems as working cuffs, a pepper spray in a holder and various pouches... strangely he carries a Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) first aid pouch...

The wonderful helmet comes with a separate liner and two choices of chin strap - thin leather version and a sturdier military style. On the beat they rarely use either.

I am over the moon with this figure, despite the headaches I had in assembling him.

Since the attached photos were taken I have since replaced his hands with spares from my QMx Captain Kirk.

Oh and yes... the Wayne Rooney head is a very, very good likeness.

Clothing Helmet Cargo pants Military camouflage Military person

Military person Military uniform Ballistic vest Glove Sunglasses

Military uniform Sleeve Cap Military person Glove

Eye White Cap Sleeve Military uniform

Joint Camouflage Ballistic vest Military uniform Sleeve

Photograph Ballistic vest Military uniform Glove Sleeve

Military person Military uniform Gesture Cap Hat

Corrected truncheon holder...
Tartan Sleeve Textile Waist Street fashion

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's the armed beardie policeman... I want some parts from that... so hoping they get around to some other varieties... personally I want to bash a Glasgow policeman from my home city (not literally lol)

· Registered
271 Posts
I have this figure, it's great. There's a lot of detail work to put it together, but it was fun. It involved a little DIY with the holster, and I've snapped the body camera peg. Super glue fix. Treat everything carefully! Lesson learnt.

I wish I had that tool when I did the epaulettes. Ordered. Cheers.

Dress shirt Air gun Tie Collar Motor vehicle

Helmet Baseball bat Glove Gesture Cap

Outerwear Sleeve Gesture Hat Cameras & optics

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm getting a second one at the end of the month (swap head, collar numbers, change the kit around) so I'll be making full use of the button tool :D

Interesting that your camera peg broke off, Odysseus... mine had the hole in the back of the camera for the peg, but no peg, so glued to the mount. Also glued in the 'wings' of the body armour to make it neater and glued the PCSO pouch closed as the velcro was useless.

· Registered
21 Posts
I agree he looks quite good. The helmet and the hilariously unflattering hi-vis are spot on. The stab vest is of an old an no longer issued pattern, but plenty of people still wear it because it is more comfortable and in my opinion smarter too. There is no home office force which carries a side handled baton which I am aware of. I stand to be corrected there, but certainly the met only issues the friction-lock asp (or monadnock) and a longer acrylic baton for public order duties (for those who have done the training). The epaulettes are of a correct style but should have 3 numbers as he is a PC. Sergeants have two numbers, with the stripes above them. EK is Camden Borough, which recently merged with Islington Borough. The division letters changed, but I don't know what to. Finally, the met issues blue trousers. Dark blue, but not black. As for the little first aid pouch, we all carry one. Looking at photos of the belt kit, there appears to be the larger utility pouch included. It's for paperwork, but not many people carry it. It's usually referred to as the Probationer Pouch. I wonder if there's some connection....! I've not heard of a PCSO Pouch within my experience of the met; but it's a big force and other BOCUs may use that term.
All told, it's pleasing to see how much they got right; it's a solid 90% from me.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll change the baton when I can get one/make one... as for the rest... well he's going to be from the fictional 'Dock Green' area of London, so will give him fictional codes (in the Dixon of Dock Green series they just used an O for the area code, I'll try to have mine in keeping with real police patterns. I'll change the name from Wayne to Crawford... the sergeant (next figure) will have an older head added and the name Dixon added.

· wave man TDY staff
41,730 Posts
Nice fixes, and having Moggy here for details is a fortune in itself. I have the bearded officer on order, and look forward to putting his kit in proper order. It's a pretty unexpected bounty of constables that the last few years have brought.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a FB friend who is also a policeman so yes, good to have input from real members of the Force.
Thing is, as with most aspects of our hobby, there will always be exceptions to the rule... and I've found a few photos that had me sighing with relief... in this pic, two armed police have different vests on... and look like both of the Modeling Toys versions...
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/ACCN3C/armed-british-police-officers-in-london-england-uk-ACCN3C.jpg

These all have the Wayne type vests...
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02255/happyPolice_2255179b.jpg

The truncheon I WILL be replacing... although to be honest, the figure could be based on what the Met were using a few years ago... doesn't have to be now :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.