One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Mini Times US Navy

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Canuck 
#1 ·
Saw this today on FB, and it's also on their site - US NAVY - Products - minitimestoys - their images seem to switch rather slowly, when clicked on.

I ran some searches, and came up with nada for anything on this, tho there was perhaps, another similar offering from another company, in the works.

Looks good, tho I am not familiar with how good or otherwise that Mini Times' products are. This one appears to be lower in price than the current average, and has some good looking gear.

See less See more
#3 ·
Saw this today on FB, and it's also on their site - US NAVY - Products - minitimestoys - their images seem to switch rather slowly, when clicked on.

I ran some searches, and came up with nada for anything on this, tho there was perhaps, another similar offering from another company, in the works.
It was announced back in October originally, which triggered some angry responses from DAM and Magic Cube which indicated an issue with their products being copied, and from the tone of it, more than the usual thematic copying. Retailers were asked not to carry the product and it dropped off retailer preorder lists in China. It resurfaced early this year with a few. Some may have seen a reissuing of the Magic Cube Navy Uniform which was put out together with a retailer in China. Since then a third party has been advertising a new set. I knew the Navy could be a source of drama but never anticipated it going this far...

#6 ·
Adam:

Please enlighten us.

So MINI TIMES got into a tiff with DAMTOYS and MAGIC CUBE (MC TOYS) and now known as SUPERMC TOYS over the Navy BDU and now MINI TIMES is salvaging the set that was shown last year?

One crazy rumor/speculation I heard/read last year was that MINI TIMES was supposedly VHT operating under a new brand name and/or MINI TIMES is compromised of individuals who previously worked for MC TOYS and VHT considering from what I understand that MC TOYS and VHT are one in the same where MC TOYS now known as SUPERMC TOYS is the high end and VHT is the mid/low end like Hyundai and KIA in automotive terms.

#7 ·
Adam:

Please enlighten us.

So MINI TIMES got into a tiff with DAMTOYS and MAGIC CUBE (MC TOYS) and now known as SUPERMC TOYS over the Navy BDU and now MINI TIMES is salvaging the set that was shown last year?
Mini times had some photos of this specific release out in the latter part of last year and after they showed up on the forums in China there was the announcement sent to retailers. Looking at the release, parts of the figure look quite close to the DAM MSRT release, and the uniform similar to the Magic Cube offering. Without the benefit of seeing the product in hand I can't say if its just the look of some of the items that was similar or if there were issues with the materials/molds used. I'd have to refer back to the earlier pics but it doesn't look changed much from a quick glance.

Over the last few years there has been issues with brands complaining about projects being leaked by OEM factories. I would imagine given the competitive nature of the market that these things happen. I'm not sure if this will hit stateside as the Mintimes distributor here also does DAM and may be in a bit of a pickle given the notice that went out. I can't recall a previous occasion when a particular release generated a response like this did but its understandable given competition can be fierce at times.

One crazy rumor/speculation I heard/read last year was that MINI TIMES was supposedly VHT operating under a new brand name and/or MINI TIMES is compromised of individuals who previously worked for MC TOYS and VHT considering from what I understand that MC TOYS and VHT are one in the same where MC TOYS now known as SUPERMC TOYS is the high end and VHT is the mid/low end like Hyundai and KIA in automotive terms.
I don't really know. Veryhot also runs a distribution arm called Firstjade that advertises minitimes. That could just be a coincidence as the have a few other brands they distribute including Kumik. Looking at the latest mintimes release is being advertised on tmall, which is more of a manufacturer direct sales site, but also includes some distributors. All of the other products by the same outfit are the Supersystem figures. Supersystem products were a factory own brand as far as I recall, so it seems plausible minitimes could be an upscale offering. The market there can be weird at times as products get rebranded. For example the newerish Fire Girl brand has used Magic Cube product in their releases. I still can't help but think that this is all some form of an elaborate prank and that there is only a total of 3 people in the world that control every 1/6 product, or something to that effect.

#8 ·
So did the perfidy of Mini Times go so far as to add the sculpt, body, and extensive combat gear, or did the other companies plan on more than a uniform?

DAM's rather timely release of Russian figures seemed a bit curious to some of us, given that KGB had just launched some sets. KGB seems to have been classy, not saying anything about the matter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.