One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, a few months ago I previewed a mini sub that i was working on. Although its far from finished a few people have been asking about it so I took some pics tonight and well here it is. Still have a bit of work on it, finish the wiring, add more instruments to the cockpit etc...It started as this...

Now it looks like this...

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I saw that card board box and smiled. Reminded me of the space ships my brothers and I made for out figures when we were kids. Then I saw the next picture, and the ones after that... F-ing WOW our ships never looked that good, and sure as hell didn't have lights on it! Very cool , very original, and really looking forward to the finished product.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, the long and short answer is yes I am going to do more to it both on the inside and on the outside, I need to finish the inside wiring for all the lighting, i have some Led's, and some bulb lighting i want to put in, as well more dials and gauges for the cockpit, Im not completely satisifed with the exterior, so I need to put a cage system as well as some more air tanks around the outside. This is what Im hopeing it looks sorta like when im done...

The sub is actully made out of wood, not carboard, that was just the mock up to see what it might look like before starting the project. Funny thing is, is that Like anyone who has ever built anything, it looks easier then it is, this took a lot of time to get it to where it is now, plus this is only going to be a static model. I am unable to seal the tube fans (computer case fans) and all the electrics that I have in it, so, its just going to sit or hang some place and look cool when it is turned on. I still have a lot more to do on it, like I said I am going to try and make it look as close to the picture of the real sub as I can…or just scrap the whole sub idea and turn it into a star fighter… :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts