One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been collecting full size WW2 memorabilia for years,one item I found at a yard sale was a WW2 copy of Bill Mauldin's "this damn tree leaks" his two main subjects were Willie and Joe, usually unshaven and dirty,which got him called upon by Patten!
One cartoon I always loved was this one,I've always wanted to do a small dio of it and recently I found a box of microscope slide covers and thought they would make perfect window glass,turned out they were a little small,but the broken ones made great broken windows,I'll do some more detailing and will probably add on and include it in my larger diorama down the road.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have always struggled with weathering,I usually go to far and get frustrated,which is why most of my stuff stays in the "as new" look,I'll have to watch some videos and try again, but for now I'll do some more detail destruction and wait until I get the large dio going to see if it will incorporate well.

·
Banned
253 Posts
I have always struggled with weathering,I usually go to far and get frustrated...
With regard to weathering; I have learned that beginning with a minimum of medium is absolutely key to the proper approach - and dry-brushing...

I have no doubt that you have the ability to most easily master the task.

Again, well done.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments! I'm sure there are plenty of hot to videos on you tube,I just haven't taken the time to look them up,I get this far in a project and something else catches my eye and I'm off on another project!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.