One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Talking to one of the old 21C design team members about molds and the possibility of doing a limited run what he held onto. I'm not selling these, just very excited by the possibility that these will hit the market for the first time.
This is the full stock, full barrel version, not the sawed off one from Street Heat I.

Attachments

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Re: Mini-14 - Coming Soon?

Lots of possibilities with the Mini-14. From an early NYPD ESU guy, to a modern westerner.

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts

That looks too cool, Ryan! Although, personally, I would much prefer to see the folding stock version.

Speaking of which, did I not see one of these in the hands of one of the 21C Grimsphere figures? Any chance that your guy will consider making casts of that?! If so, I would certainly be interested.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts

SWEET!

Definately looking forward to this. 21C did an amazing assortment of weaponry, with several being really impressive models.

Gotta give kudos to the guy who grabbed the molds. The biggest single investment to making ANYTHING in molded plastic, the molds are usually the first thing scrapped, left out to rust, or thrown off the end of a pier.

I'll definately be buying some of these!

·
Registered
5,216 Posts

That looks too cool, Ryan! Although, personally, I would much prefer to see the folding stock version.

Speaking of which, did I not see one of these in the hands of one of the 21C Grimsphere figures? Any chance that your guy will consider making casts of that?! If so, I would certainly be interested.

That looks like the shorty stockless version released as part of "Street Heat Series I"...

http://www.pistolpetechecklist.com/streetheat1.html

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Look closely at the pic above and you will see the folding stock.
SWEET!

Definately looking forward to this. 21C did an amazing assortment of weaponry, with several being really impressive models.

Gotta give kudos to the guy who grabbed the molds. The biggest single investment to making ANYTHING in molded plastic, the molds are usually the first thing scrapped, left out to rust, or thrown off the end of a pier.

I'll definately be buying some of these!
Lots of possibilities with the Mini-14. From an early NYPD ESU guy, to a modern westerner.
The piece was originally intended for an NYPD ESU figure. It was apparently more innovative than the figure I had a picture of - the designer dismissed it as having been created after the design team was let go. Definitely piqued my interest, going to ask about it.
I don't know if he has any folding sets, but he might. He's offered to get a list of what molds he has left.
Try asking Rick - he might have the folding stock Mini-14.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

The original Mini-14 couldn't be found, but a collector who had one was generous enough to donate his for the purpose of creating a new mold.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

A few molds that have been turned up are the Remington Model 11, Remington 7188 MK1, M14 variants (mix of scopes, accessories), a lot of different AK variants.
I'm not sure how fare this is going outside of the Mini-14 run. That's guaranteed, but the other is a question mark. We'll see where this goes.

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts

The folding stock Mini 14 with the Grimsphere figure is actually the Ruger AC556F or K. The AC556 was the full auto version with side folding stock. For the old farts like me the original "A Team" used copies of these in the show

·
Registered
800 Posts

Cool looking guns, but I have never liked them much in real life.
I am glad folks are doing something more than yet another AK or M4 or SCAR. For 1:6, the poor accuracy doesn't matter, so this is definitely nice to have.

- Ivan.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Hey, just an update on this. Rex was able to dig out the Mini-14 and it will be in transit soon. The original is in good shape with the exception of the end of the barrel, which will need some restoration before it can be cast.
Marcelo has the PKM (courtesy of Firefox1435) and it is currently being "brought up to spec", so to speak. He will be working to fix some problems that the original 21C version had before he begins a casting run.
Both pieces will be available fairly soon.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts

Yeah, PKMs will be real movers, I believe.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Update!

The PKM is coming along nicely, there was a lot of detail work that was sanded smooth. The ammo can is being designed so it will fit an actual slice of cloth material for the handle rather than it being part of the cast.

The actual gun will be broken down into 4 separate cast that will have fittings for easy assembly and painting. Looking forward to getting these done.

Some other stuff has been brought out of storage, including the firing M16 and the Nixon mask. There's potentially more stuff coming, but the parts out now are very interesting.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts

Update!

The PKM is coming along nicely, there was a lot of detail work that was sanded smooth. The ammo can is being designed so it will fit an actual slice of cloth material for the handle rather than it being part of the cast.

The actual gun will be broken down into 4 separate cast that will have fittings for easy assembly and painting. Looking forward to getting these done.

Some other stuff has been brought out of storage, including the firing M16 and the Nixon mask. There's potentially more stuff coming, but the parts out now are very interesting.
Ryan, that's awesome news. I already have a recast of the PKM that I got from Matt that he casted from one of the PKM's that he acquired from eBay. It was already a very nice piece but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the retooled version that MAF is working on.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts