1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
12" nightmare
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
Man, modern and VN are getting sweet FA for votes!

< Music sounding in the background, The Ballad of Rodger Young>
C'MON, OSW! YOU APES WANNA LIVE FOREVER?!

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Even tho I am generally a WW2 Allied fanatic, I have been getting more and more into the modern side to spice things up. With a leaning to the 'Nam era, so I voted for more of that. Hope it works out , especially for those who are heavily into the modern side of our hobby.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Having more fully realised what's at stake here, I got my Nam vote in, if DML won't get off their butts and do some then it's time someone else did. Remember, SS gear fits DML bodies perfectly, so, if you want to do more Nam bashes, get in there and vote like you've never done before. SS are good at generic sculpts too so we could even win back precious retailers who were scared off by their movie lines.

I never thought I'd be fighting SS's corner, but this time it's worth it!

BTW, can you vote more than once!? If you can then get clicking!!!

CHEERS!

·
12" nightmare
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MFisher said:
I dont see the point in Sideshow doing any modern or especially WW2 stuff... those themes are more than covered... I'd rather they went with the medieval, pirates or old west stuff to widen out the choices on the market
I have to say I agree and I'm surprised they are getting many votes, 'cause you just know sideshow will never beat DiD or Hot Toys. I'd rather have them make figures no one else covers like Ignite does.
But the more votes, the more eyes on Sideshow military, so there's no such thing as a wrong vote :shades

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
You have to remember that not everyone can get DiD or HT. I certainly can't, SS are still reasonably priced, something that DID and HT aren't, and if SS did more generic figures then there'd be more interest from reatilers that otherwise would run a mile at the merest mention of the name. DML are all I can get and if another manufacturer did stuff I wanted then I'd welcome it. We don't all have the luxury of etail and eBay, for those of us reliant on bricks and mortar at the mercy of distributors, some of us need all the help we can get.

SS should've put this poll front and centre and made sure everybody could see it

·
Cool, I've got a title...
1,487 Posts
I would love to see either Sideshow or DiD do some Naval Figures from the Napoleonic Era. Some Americans from that era would be cool too. Oliver Hazard Perry, Preble, Decatur, Bainbridge, regular sailors...I don't care.

·
(a.k.a. Allen)
1,219 Posts
Cool! I hope that Sideshow follows up on it.
I voted for the 'Live by the Sword' line myself though. It was disappointing that it died off after just a couple of figs. If they bring it back, maybe we'll even get to see some armored figures. :D

G

·
I noticed that you could vote twice if you clear out your history log. I Guess someone could spend a night clearing history and voting if they want it bad enough but ,personally, I'd seek therapy instead.

Its been mentioned on here a little but SS Paramilitary gear isn't really set to compete with other companies. Rog mentioned that they would at least be cheaper. But I think that if someone is already going to be paying fifty bucks for a product he'd be willing to opt for the 70 dollar set that was vastly superior in quality. If they started a Mil line they'd almost have distribute HT's figs so they didn't get spanked by their own partners.

If they really want to do this I think they should find a niche like licensing a popular video game (preferably one with unique equipment like FEAR or Army of Two) or start producing figures of famous war heroes.

We also need to remember that its just a poll. I doubt they have any immediate plans to make any of these lines in the foreseeable future. They asked about Jurassic Park a while back and we haven't heard a thing about that line getting picked up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.