One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Yep. My family watched Mannix every week. I still think of that show from time to time. It had an excellent theme song and Mike Connors was consistent quality.

TV has a long way to go to get back to where it was.

'Mannix' star Mike Connors dies at 91 | Fox News

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
I too watched Mannix when I was a kid, back in the late '60s-early '70s. Mike Connors was great on that show. He showed his comedic expertise when he did a guest appearance on Two and a Half Men several years ago as Evelyn's latest romantic interest. I was surprised when he showed up there, but the voice and the face were little changed from his prime.

Rest in peace, Mr. Connors, you will be fondly remembered.

David

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Yep, Mannix was a staple at our home as well. His mug had a lived in look, and he used his wits, but his fists only when he had to. One of those classic private eyes who took some beatings, but never backed down.

Mike Conners did his job back when doing the right thing was what good Joes did.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Loved that show as a kid. Strangely enough, many, many years ago I worked at an insurance company in the Minnesota Twin Cities where Mr. Connors was once a sales rep before his acting days. RIP, sir.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts