One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I did my second major diorama! The full photo-shoot is 54 images and can be seen on my blog here:

https://mcphicen.wordpress.com/2016/07/10/dodies-house/

Perhaps the main new thing here is I designed a mid century lamp and had it 3D printed. I have mixed feelings about the result and would love to hear your feedback on it.

Quick note for psp742: I got more bloopers! :lol This time I made them part of the story! :loony The story is slowly getting more comic bookish. I've now incorporated Doctor Strange type out-of-body-experiences and visits from "monsters" into the diorama.

As usual, I look forward to your comments and constructive criticism!

Thanks for looking! :dancing

Best wishes to all of you!

Don

The girls get a visit from a "monster of sorts" LOL! :lol

Again, the entire photo shoot is here if you are interested:

https://mcphicen.wordpress.com/2016/07/10/dodies-house/

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is amazing! I love that interior style and you've pulled it off beautifully. And is the entire lamp 3D printed? Because the wood parts really do look like wood.
Yeah it is. I had to print it in 3 pieces and assemble it because doing it in 1 piece it kept breaking at the lamp shade when they printed it. Here is a close up:

This is the color sandstone 3D printing at Shapeways.

The wood's not too bad. The gold base is okay from a distance, but up close isn't that good. The lamp shade didn't really come out at all. Here is what it was supposed to look like:

I could always wrap fabric around the lamp shade, and think I might in the future.

As an experiment, I think it was worth trying out.

Thank you for the really nice compliments! :clap

Best wishes,

Don

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you make the Diorama yourself? and where do you get the furniture from. it all looks great.
Hi Masamune

I did the walls and the shelf unit and attached chair, and fireplace. The rest was purchased from various places that I list on my blog.

Thank you for the nice compliment! :applause

Best wishes,

Don

1 - 13 of 13 Posts