One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody on here from around the mid-western portion of the US? If so how are you dealing with the Polar Vortex? It sucks soooo bad right now in Indiana. Here is a example, Alaska is warmer then Indiana. Currently in the central Indiana it is -13 degrees. Is anybody else on here dealing with this crap lol?

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
I'm in Canada.......we go to Indiana to warm up......:lol

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
No thanks! :lol

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Was mid 70's here yesterday and 81 a few miles away in Torrance (CA).

You have my sympathy!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
We got off light in KC, little wind and single digit minuses. I'm reading The Last Stand of Fox Company right now, and compared to those young Marines up on that hill, we're all in pretty tall cotton. It's all about perspective.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We got off light in KC, little wind and single digit minuses. I'm reading The Last Stand of Fox Company right now, and compared to those young Marines up on that hill, we're all in pretty tall cotton. It's all about perspective.
Hmmm, very good point. Never thought about it from a different perspective. Did go out and do some shoveling and it really isn't that bad when you get out there.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Just read that in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada one day last week, it was colder than the temperature on Mars.......

The rest of us are in tall cotton indeed, compared to that.....

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
This has also hit the East Coast. I'm wearing long johns, a t-shirt, and sweats in berthing at night as "basic" pajamas... and I'm still frozen.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
The people who need to be helped are the elderly, homebound, and homeless. The Mayor of New York re-instituted the "Code Blue" program, to get people off the street, and into warm facilities. Humanity restored seems like a good start for 2014.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Just read that in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada one day last week, it was colder than the temperature on Mars.......

The rest of us are in tall cotton indeed, compared to that.....
Oh yeah, it was just ducky, new years eve broke an 80 yr temp record, December was the second coldest in 120 years... at least its a dry cold

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
Not just dealing with t but II work for a Utility company and am out in it al day and working outages. Got to -12 with the windchill here yesterday. Sucks but you deal with it and move on. "Embrace the Suck"

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
I am in Windsor Ont and use to live in Winnipeg and Alberta, which is why I now live in Windsor...enough said...

Cold enough here though to remind me of what a typical winter is suppose to feel like

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Sixteen degrees in the little ole South this morning.

I opened the door to let our dogs out and one of them just looked at me as if to say "shiiiiiiiit...I ain't going out there."

A good laugh in the morning helps stave off the cold.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sixteen degrees in the little ole South this morning.

I opened the door to let our dogs out and one of them just looked at me as if to say "shiiiiiiiit...I ain't going out there."

A good laugh in the morning helps stave off the cold.
Lol! My dog gave my mom and me some looks like that as well. :lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts