One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hi, I'm an addict!
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So I've been looking for a mid size muscle body could not find a Bane or Barney Ross at a decent price, so I decided to bash my own. I really like the design of the sideshow muscular arms. I saw that the ht odin body had a muscular torso and regular arms. So, I bought both and put together this!

Here is my guy next to Kaustic Plastik's KPO2 and 3. He's definitely smaller. Just like I wanted.

* I know that for the price I paid for the two bodies I could have gotten an HT Bane, or Barney Ross, it's just easier to justify spending about $90 on 2 bodies, still can't justify spending $90 on only one body. Plus, I really like the sculpt of the Sideshow arms.

·
The Blood Sword
165 Posts
Great work. It looks like you were able to get good height and not so bulky size out of the body. I did a similar thing, I used a dremel and sawed down the ball joint at the end of the arm flat like the one on a regular Hot Toys arm. I attached the arms to an Avengers Thor body. I Sideshow arms are bigger and more poseable than the Hot Toys arms. Seeing what they are able to do with the arms give me high hopes for the 2 muscle bodies they are making. At least I think there are 2; a big one for Batman, Superman and possibly Destro and a thinner one for Snake Plissken.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Da Bronx Commando, any tips on replacing KP03A arms with either Hot Toys TT19 or Sideshow muscle arms? As a side note, when you use the Sideshow arms don't you think it limits the hands you can use.

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Nice Job.. impressive out come. I feel you on the Price issue. Plus its really rewarding when you accomplish your goal.. Thanks for sharing. :hifive

·
Hi, I'm an addict!
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.
@Slobodanee- I don't know exactly how it would be getting the arms off the KP03, I'm not sure but I assume it is like the HT bodies. You have to open the rubber torso on the right side, slip it off to expose the hard plastic inner workings that are connected with screws. As for the hands, I have plenty of sideshow pegs that should fit a variety of gloved hands cause I plan to use gloved hands.

@ Zebraten- it was not difficult at all. What took the longest was actually opening up the Sideshow body. They use glue along with the screws. The whole thing took about 45 minutes or less.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Hey that arm transplant turned out great!
Whose arms are those? I see an Arashikage tattoo on the right forearm...

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Nice work, man.

Having a solid idea of what you wanted was the mother of invention here. The rest was pure prowess on your part.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts