One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

It's been a while since I posted anything so thought I would just share some updates. It seems I've become obsessed with doing recreations of mid century items in 1/6th scale. It's really a lot of fun and so diverse in the different skills and crafts required to do it successfully. I just did a blog post about this for those of you who might be interested:

I've Been Making Things - Mid Century Phicen

I'm just showing one photo here with the various items I've been working on. If you want more info, I have it laid out over at my blog where I give brief comments about each item and show some WIP pics. None of these is done yet, but they are far enough along that I thought it would be fun to share with you all!

One point of interest for this group is that all of these had a 3D printing aspect either in whole or in part. So, I am finally learning how to incorporate 3D printing into my miniature recreations.

Wood Interior design Art Material property Lamp
Thanks for taking a look!

Best wishes,

Don

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So nice, Stryker! Thanks! I have the dio designed and all the materials. I just have to make it now! Did you see the teaser photo of it at my blog?

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
It would be impressive enough if you were showing off just one single set of skills -- but I think it takes three distinct sets to achieve what you're doing:
(1) artistic talent as an interior decorator in the composition of these rooms, and the photos of them;
(2) physical skills in actually making these objects in miniature; and,
(3) intellectual scholarly knowledge of the product designs you're representing.
You are gifted in all three areas -- my compliments.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It would be impressive enough if you were showing off just one single set of skills -- but I think it takes three distinct sets to achieve what you're doing:
(1) artistic talent as an interior decorator in the composition of these rooms, and the photos of them;
(2) physical skills in actually making these objects in miniature; and,
(3) intellectual scholarly knowledge of the product designs you're representing.
You are gifted in all three areas -- my compliments.
Wow! Moonbase AM, that is so unbelievably kind of you to say that. Thank you so much for such thoughtful compliments. Wow! I'm kind of speechless after that. Other than to say, I posted an update to my blog and the story is kinda funny in a dumb way (what the kids today call "Dad jokes" I guess! LOL!)

Madame H Goes Admiring - Mid Century Phicen

Still, that was so kind of you. Thank you, thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts