One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I've been lurking for a while and I guess this is my first official post to the board. I wanted to show off a custom woman's outfit I had made for my steel skeleton phicen (mid breast). The outfit is in the mid century style. I'm curious to hear people's feedback.

I'm very interested in mid century stuff, but this seems to be way underrepresented with the phicen dolls, so I had the outfit commissioned by a woman who makes custom Barbie outfits! She does great work and her info is:

https://margfletch.wordpress.com/

The outfit is in the 1st pic and it's based on the barbie pic below it.

Thanks for looking, Everybody!!

Best wishes,

Don

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,855 Posts
Very nice!

Welcome aboard.

Please post/share more custom creations.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all and nice to meet you all too!

Stryker2011: No,that is not mine! The woman had her own, same one I have. I have another commission going at the moment, and the woman is sending me a mock up to try on before making the final outfit.

DeltaForceChung: Thank you, I will as I get more custom outfits. I also hope to do some dioramas with the mid century theme.

Thank you all again for your kind comments! More to come!

Best to all of you!

Don

·
Registered
604 Posts
That is awesome. It's great to see female figures like this; it's a nice break from the norm.

Glad you're here. :welcome

·
Registered
545 Posts
That is real interesting stuff. Indeed.

I do not agree that everything on Barbie looks cool. The legs including shoes look almost like that there are no feet... but regarding feet Phicen has its own problems, too...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like this dress!!! but phicen doll need other hairstyle. On Barbie looks everything cool!
Thank you for the comment, MariaIvor! I agree 100%. I went on a binge and found some wigs that have the 1950s look. If it looks good, I'll post here, of course.

OceanGirl24: Thank you for the kind comments and very nice welcome!

Good news too! My one of a kind furniture arrived! I will use this for a future mid century diorama. I just did a couple quick poses using my phicen mid breast with Robyn Hood hands and a Ranger Revision head sculpt and the Very Cool Viper outfit. This is the doll that eventually will be wearing the suit above (with, hopefully (!) a suitable wig! :) ).

The furniture is UNBELIEVABLE! It is made by a woman who is apparently famous in the Barbie world named Maryann Roy. She makes unbelievable mid century dioramas . She is a really nice and wonderful person. Her work is here:

https://maryannroy.wordpress.com/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/welcomehomefurnishings/page1

Thanks again, Everybody, for such nice comments!

Don

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
Thank you all and nice to meet you all too!

Stryker2011: No,that is not mine! The woman had her own, same one I have. I have another commission going at the moment, and the woman is sending me a mock up to try on before making the final outfit.

DeltaForceChung: Thank you, I will as I get more custom outfits. I also hope to do some dioramas with the mid century theme.

Thank you all again for your kind comments! More to come!

Best to all of you!

Don
first off welcome to the forums, and second off...i agree, more modest, and mid century stuff is most welcome. i would buy mod scoop furniture in a flash!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts