One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I just completed what I would consider my first major diorama project. Hopefully the first of many. I posted previews before, but you can see the final changed quite a bit for the initial design.

There are 43 photos, so I put the full set on my blog and am only posting 4 photos below to give an idea. If you want to see the full set, please go here:

https://mcphicen.wordpress.com/2016/06/13/sticks-stones-with-sugar-spice/

Quick comment for crusader1xxx: I didn't end up using a coat hanger, but used a transparent doll stand from the Jiaou dolls. It is definitely better than the black phicen stands! Thanks for the suggestion!

As always, I look forward to your comments! Follows are a few of the photos....

Best wishes and thank you all,

Don

Again, the full photo set can be seen here at my blog:

https://mcphicen.wordpress.com/2016/06/13/sticks-stones-with-sugar-spice/

Thanks for looking! -Don

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
Outstanding! You've really captured the era perfectly. I can almost hear Bert Kaempfert's Orchestra playing on the Hi-fi!

·
Registered
604 Posts
That is incredible! Is your diorama a permanent display piece or can you break it apart to store/move it?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, Everybody, for the very kind compliments! I really appreciate it A LOT! :clap

That is incredible! Is your diorama a permanent display piece or can you break it apart to store/move it?
Yes, you can break it apart. It's in the closet at the moment! :bag There are a couple rather big pieces, like the carpet and the front door part, where I had to nail the 3 walls together. But overall, yes, it disassembles.

·
Registered
800 Posts
From the pictures of my aunts and uncles from this period I can only see a couple things missing,booze and cigs! It seems like there was never a picture taken back then that everyone wasn't holding a glass in one hand and a cancer stick in the other!
Did you make the outfits? I've been trying to find correct WW2 style clothes for my own diorama,I've found a couple pieces in my girls Barbie stuff.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From the pictures of my aunts and uncles from this period I can only see a couple things missing,booze and cigs! It seems like there was never a picture taken back then that everyone wasn't holding a glass in one hand and a cancer stick in the other!
Did you make the outfits? I've been trying to find correct WW2 style clothes for my own diorama,I've found a couple pieces in my girls Barbie stuff.
LOL! You're right! My grandma always had a cigarette and a beer in her hands! She lived to the ripe old age of 87 too!

I have a little martini set, but didn't use it this time because I only have two glasses and didn't want to pose a cat fight over who'd get a drink! :lol

There are links to the seamstresses that made the outfits on my blog post. The outfits are all custom. You should give one of the tailors a hollar if you want something custom made. They do AMAZING work! The barbie stuff is too small to fit the phicen's that good. I have a couple x-rated examples to prove my point! :rolling

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it a lot!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Outstanding! You've really captured the era perfectly. I can almost hear Bert Kaempfert's Orchestra playing on the Hi-fi!
I really love you guys! I learn something new every time I post here! Bert Kaempfert! YOU'RE RIGHT! :clap

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Truly brilliant. That diorama is amazing. I agree about the cocktails and cigs; in fact, a mini bar would be appropriate as well. I get a real Designing Woman feel from this. Keep expecting Gregory Peck and Lauren Bacall to walk in.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Really beautiful. And the attention to detail is great. There's not a thing there that looks out of place. Totally agreed with everyone here that all you need are cocktails and cigarettes. But I might just be saying that because I like cocktails...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts