64 Posts
👍

·
Banned
64 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts
Ever thought about switching the Triad Toys outfit to a seamless body due to the exposed hip joints? Or was it more trouble than it is worth?
--

Not everything must/needs to be seamless.

The Triad Toys Major K outfit set is supposedly a rare and sought after set. Fortunately, I procured a few when first released. No. They haven't deteriorated at all. They're still in their packaging except for the one I opened (pictured).

No. I'm not selling or trading any for now. I'll either sell them in person at a show for cash or likely burn them all in a bonfire with everything else out of spite against the scamming collector mentality/mindset within the 1:6 hobby as a buyer and seller that is rampant.

Reactions: mgbb

·
My friends call me Ray
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
--

Not everything must/needs to be seamless.

The Triad Toys Major K outfit set is supposedly a rare and sought after set. Fortunately, I procured a few when first released. No. They haven't deteriorated at all. They're still in their packaging except for the one I opened (pictured).

No. I'm not selling or trading any for now. I'll either sell them in person at a show for cash or likely burn them all in a bonfire with everything else out of spite against the scamming collector mentality/mindset within the 1:6 hobby as a buyer and seller that is rampant.
It is good to know they are still in mint state after all these years.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,956 Posts
It is good to know they are still in mint state after all these years.
--

Yes.

I'm one of those collectors who keeps everything properly stored (i.e., Sterlite storage container) away from light and stored in a cool climate controlled environment.

In the event anything I purchased deteriorated (happened once with a couple of CY GIRL CY GEAR outfit sets), then I chalk it up as a learning experience/loss.

In the end all we are and what we collect is . . .

Kansas - Dust in the Wind (Official Video) - YouTube

·
My friends call me Ray
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
--

Yes.

I'm one of those collectors who keeps everything properly stored (i.e., Sterlite storage container) away from light and stored in a cool climate controlled environment.

In the event anything I purchased deteriorated (happened once with a couple of CY GIRL CY GEAR outfit sets), then I chalk it up as a learning experience/loss.

In the end all we are and what we collect is . . .

Kansas - Dust in the Wind (Official Video) - YouTube
Cool arrangement! For me who is living in humid HK. The only way to preserve is to take lots of photos and video of the figures. Of course this is no where near to having the physical item intact.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Nice rebodied Takara figure! Love your photoshop work! The figure brings back memories of what I had missed then (couldn't afford/not available)! The other one l like, which I also missed then, was Appleseed!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts