One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hellsing Org. Mercenary
3,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone have a picture of how a MG42 with Picatinny Rails will look like? I just broke my DML MG42 bipod part :fit, so I'm thinking of modding it with rails but do not know how it should look like. So any advice or pictures would help. Thanks! Now my Takara Jinroh is holding a minigun as a replacement. :blank

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
There is a weapon in Killzone 2 that looks like an MG42 with rails. It looked pretty cool.

AFAIK, the MG3 [modern version of the 42] doesn't have rails, [maybe on top like an m240/saw nowadays?] but I figure if you did it, it would look something like an Mk 48 Mod 0 if you use a bit of railing just forward of the box, or more like a beefy M16A4's M5 RAS if you covered the entire length from box to muzzle with rails, just be sure to leave enough space so it can still be air cooled ;)

·
(a.k.a. Allen)
1,219 Posts
The vent holes in the barrel shroud would make ideal mounting points for rails. I haven't seen pics of any mods like that using an MG3/MG42, but here is photo of a PPSH that has been modded in such a manner.

·
The guy from Germany
691 Posts
Hello,

the MG 42 and the (modern) MG3 both don't have rails.

Only the german KSK-troops uses some MG3's with Eotech's ontop of their "WOlF" (German Mercedes Benz G-Model 4WD Vehicle), but there the MG3's don't have Rails on top like the M240, they had removed th anti-aircraft-sight of the MG3 and installed the Eotech...

Greets,

1stSGT_Zottel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts