One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Here is my first completed 1/6 figure since joining the group. This figure started as Dragon's "Marcus" MG 42 Gunner. I used the original uniform that came with it. The majority of the replacement items came from Toy Soldier Brigade. Here are the items listed that were replaced:

1. Original head sculpt was exchanged for one of the realistic Dragon releases.
2. New steel DID helmet.
3. From the Glory Venture insignia, collar tabs were replaced with embroidered cloth ones.
4. Steel MG42 machine gun and realistic ammo belts.
5. Leather equipment belt and harness.
6. Leather holster with luger pistol.
7. Gas mask canister, weathered mess kit, bread bag, DID water bottle, Hitler youth knife, MG accessory case, and metal ammo can.

I am currently working on three other German figures and hope to release pictures shortly. Thanks for looking.

I guess it would have helped to add the pictures.
Oddball

Attachments

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Nice job Oddball, I always thought 'Marcus' was one of DML's best early Germans. Good improvements.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Nice, I like the outdoors pictures. Looks like a good setting for he and his squad to set up.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Very nice! Really like it. I'm doing a machinegunner as well at the moment (Afrikakorps), so nice to catch some ideas.

The only thing I would say is to pose him slightly leaning. I've never held an MG42, but if it's like the Swedish army M1958 machinegun, they're jolly heavy things.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Very nice! Really like it. I'm doing a machinegunner as well at the moment (Afrikakorps), so nice to catch some ideas.

The only thing I would say is to pose him slightly leaning. I've never held an MG42, but if it's like the Swedish army M1958 machinegun, they're jolly heavy things.
The MG42 weighs 25.5 lbs. I guess depending upon the person, maybe the weight of the gun would make someone lean to one side. I found this picture of a soldier holding an MG42 or possibly MG34. He is not a large individual and does not appear to be leaning.

Attachments

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Very nice Oddball! Great reworking of an already nice figure! The DiD helms look more properly scaled than the DML helms...your pics are very helpful to me as I've been thinking of replacing my DML helmets with DiD ones...again, great bash!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really appreciate all the kind replies I received concerning my first 1/6 figure. Thanks again warriors!

·
Zombie Freak
77 Posts
Nice Job , Oddball! I always like seeing german customs , and , back in my 1:35th modeling days ( can't say back , I still break into it every lil' bit ) I always had a thing for the german army. Not that I am a Neo-Nazi or anything , I think a lot of people have a fascination with the german army of that time...any who , my little "rant" is over.

Back to the figure XD.

I think he looks great ,and , like I've said before , the out door shots really make it look great.

-Joe

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice Job , Oddball! I always like seeing german customs , and , back in my 1:35th modeling days ( can't say back , I still break into it every lil' bit ) I always had a thing for the german army. Not that I am a Neo-Nazi or anything , I think a lot of people have a fascination with the german army of that time...any who , my little "rant" is over.

Back to the figure XD.

I think he looks great ,and , like I've said before , the out door shots really make it look great.

-Joe
Same here, I had a total of 9 uncle's and my father serve during WW2. One was killed over Germany on 02/24/1945 while flying a bombing mission. I am a real WW2 nut. The German figures I have the uniform detail is incredible! I have 2 other figures that I have not posted yet. I am waiting on a couple of custom Mausers to arrive. What little my father told me about the war, he did admit that of all the countries, the German's had the best looking uniforms. Thanks for all of your kind replies.

·
Zombie Freak
77 Posts
Sorry to hear about the KIA , a while ago , yes , but , things like that always stick with you , even if you don't know them much , at least they do with me. And , also , like you admitted , the germans , though having a slightly Crazy Leader , did have great uniforms XD . This reminds me..I think I'm something like 3 percent german. - Random , that was , In know -

Regards,

-Joe

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are my uncles displays that I have in my living room. The box on the far right is the actual flag the Air Corp gave my grandmother in 1945. Its a 48 star flag. He is hard to make out in this picture but he is the 2nd from the right. The other is in honor of my father who pased away a few years ago at 85 years old.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.