One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
www.boy-toy.net/bbs
2,956 Posts

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,115 Posts
Ummmmm wasn't the regular issue clone trooper that much money too? Probably why I don't have that one either. It's not nearly as cool looking as Jango and Boba figures, which are both worth the extra wedge. Maybe that's just me, a more-bang-for-your-buck kinda guy.

·
Danish Special Forces
988 Posts
These are cool but way too much money.

Hope the Sideshow versions happen and are of comparable quality and the likenesses/sculpts are good.

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
Mortar Conn said:
These are cool but way too much money.

Hope the Sideshow versions happen and are of comparable quality and the likenesses/sculpts are good.
Yes, but it seems that by the rate they're going, when they finally get around to making armored figs, the price will be up to $150 by then! Ouch....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alot of that $150 is probably licensing to King Lucas. :blank Still, prices for Medicom haven't risen too drastically. The original Medicom stormtrooper kits back in '98 were nearly $100. Not too bad for inflation's sake but I'm with the rest that will shy away from this :cry

·
Registered
24 Posts
The price difference has more to do with the cost of materials and the weak dollar. Sideshow's prices have started to go up too. It is the same for most toy companies. Japanese Kaiju vinyl toys have gone up in price quite a bit over the last year. Petroleum is at a premium. Hence we end up shelling out more.

I got my shock trooper in a couple of days ago. I like it. Unfortunately the armor limits the range of motion and articulation. It is a great paint job though. I hadn't even considered getting the Medicom clone's specifically because of the price. This one was just so cool that I couldn't resist.

As far as scale goes, it is much taller than the Boba Fett figure, but doesn't quite reach the full height of the Sideshow figures. Still taller than Luke though and just slightly shorter than Anakin. Considering that the Jango was a short character in the films and the troopers are clones of him, I don't have any issue with them matching up in scale. Certainly Vader is a whole different problem, but these troopers seem to compare nicely.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The price difference has more to do with the cost of materials and the weak dollar. Sideshow's prices have started to go up too. It is the same for most toy companies. Japanese Kaiju vinyl toys have gone up in price quite a bit over the last year. Petroleum is at a premium. Hence we end up shelling out more.

I got my shock trooper in a couple of days ago. I like it. Unfortunately the armor limits the range of motion and articulation. It is a great paint job though. I hadn't even considered getting the Medicom clone's specifically because of the price. This one was just so cool that I couldn't resist.

As far as scale goes, it is much taller than the Boba Fett figure, but doesn't quite reach the full height of the Sideshow figures. Still taller than Luke though and just slightly shorter than Anakin. Considering that the Jango was a short character in the films and the troopers are clones of him, I don't have any issue with them matching up in scale. Certainly Vader is a whole different problem, but these troopers seem to compare nicely.
any chance you have photos to share? i would love to see the comparison shots!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.