One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread.php?tid=53561&highlight=snake
http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread.php?tid=53602&highlight=snake

While we got a few threads about MGS3 Snake, turns out the MGS4 Snake is already out in Hong Kong! Here are some of the comments from the owners that bought it:

- Rubber suit not a tight fit and actually wobbles a bit, but allow better articulation without a lot of rebound.
- Not very menacing looking face. The expression just look too kind.
- No extra hands to swap, with the left hand posing a bit funky.
- Really crappy gun. Better swap out with a Hot Toys later.
- Barely any accessory.
- Beautiful box.

So looks like a bit of a disappointment, compare to the quality of MGS3 Snake. I'm still getting it though, since I am a fan of the series. But looks like this one won't blow us away like the old one did. Hope Raiden will at least be better. His look is a lot more promising at least. Really love his new ninja cyborg design.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Same here! I bought it last nite at 135USD, have not opened to it yet.
Never too into Medicom, but purchase this for Snake's sake, as it is MGS's 20th Anniversary, just to pay my tribute.

Agreed they could have done better with the HS & Guns, but never mind, it is Snake! And there ain't no way we can reproduce / bash that uniform by ourselves (well, apart from NERO the master of MGS)...

Interesting how the staff at HotToys laugh at the quality of the gun on this figure (I bought this box set there), I know Hottoys has the best guns in the business, but it is just a little disrespect to the products they represent and distribute. Also, if HT is so proud, why didn't get the license from Konami to make their version, which I would die for...

Meant to say this for a long time, I love and proud of HT also, but Staff at the HotToys store down at CTMA in Hong Kong should really rethink about their attitude. Too big a nose sometimes...

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
I'm planning to review both figures for Figures.com (and link here on OSW ;)) when both Snake and Raiden find their way to the USA...

Though I'm looking for ways to get the Raiden a bit early - YGPM Calvin ;) :) - thx!

As for my love of the Raiden, it's been my only "must buy" figure of 2007/2008 since I first saw it a year ago at the 2007 Toy Fair in NYC - see HERE for why Raiden rocks....

There's nothing like a bad ass cyborg ninja to make a video game/film/tv series awesome! :clap:clap

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Thanks for the heads up...I figured it would be soon as these are starting to show up in ebay auctions from HK as "figure in hand". Very expensive however, so I'll probably hold out for the Raiden figure only. Looking forward to the reviews Jess!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The face sculpt is actually pretty good. But the mass production paint on the eye really got messed up. Need to give him back his killer's stare. Guess I'll be painting this guy up. Good that he only has one eye. :D

And now to think of it, don't think the left hand finger sculpt is as bad, as its actually the pose for holding the knife in CQC. While not ideal, think its a good choice now if he can only have one left hand. So this one holds both a gun grib, as well as a knife.

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
I don't believe so Grizz J...from what I understand the figure is entirely molded over a "skeleton", like the Appleseed figs...it's just that it is a little more loose so that posing the figure might be a little easier. Yep, Crowinghorse is correct, Cornerstore Comics/Amazing Toyz has probably the best deal going for these figs.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.