One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While this pisses me straight off, I'm trying to be calm. Having pre-ordered a $90 figure from a company I have many figures from only to get side swiped by another company I don't have any experience with. I mean ... cripes, I dunno. I like the Dr. Henry Jones, Sr., he's inexplicablly (sp?) beautiful. However ... I dunno which to choose, because the sculpt on the SS figure is a bit pudgy so far and this one looks better to say the least.

So what do you all say? Cancel SS and Pre-Order Medicom? or Keep SS and wish others well, weigh in people, I'm interested to hear what you all have to say.

Found these pics on this forum:
http://com5.runboard.com/bmedicom.f6.t13134

Attachments

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'd be a conflicted SS pre-oderer :)X) if Medicom's Indy had their usual anime-ish, stylized headsculpt, but as it is I think I can survive with just Sideshow's. So far I don't see much to differentiate one from the other.

Man. They've had twenty-eight years to make this stuff! They had to release it all at once? Bully for the people who can afford it all, though.

Thanks for the heads up, Doc.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's not the choices I'm mad about, it's that they're all being released in the same dang month. I mean ... like Staggerly said ... 28 years and now is the time they decided to go all out and release everything they can utterly think of.

I'll definatley be picking up the Henry Jones, Sr. (from medicom, unless SS doesn't do it). Gawd this is looking to be mighty painful upon my wallet, mighty painful indeed.

I like the medicom sculpt, it's got the look of Ford decently well, but so does SS. I'll stick with the SS, I guess. We'll see, but let's keep on chatting.

Options are always nice, I have to agree.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why not buy doly? I grew up watching these movies, for the first time I can own a licensed ... licensed ... 1/6th figure. Toys McCoy was the first, but the price c'mon. Now we get two companies competing for our business, but why at the same dang time? NOT COOL! NOT COOL!

·
The Blood Sword
165 Posts
Looks great but I wish we could get an industry standard for scale. This fig will probably be as short as the rest of the medicom figs.
Which Medi figs are you referring to, the movie figures, the Star Wars figures or the Super hero figures?
The super-hero figures are comparable in size to the other 1/6 figures. In the case of the Comic Spider-Man he is actually taller than most BBI and Dragon figures.

·
super hot outside
4,362 Posts
Why not buy doly? I grew up watching these movies, for the first time I can own a licensed ... licensed ... 1/6th figure. Toys McCoy was the first, but the price c'mon. Now we get two companies competing for our business, but why at the same dang time? NOT COOL! NOT COOL!
Well, I'm just reminding you that you still have that choice. :D

I only have one Medicom figure so I probably am not in the best position to give you more advice. But from reading other peoples' posts and seeing other peoples' pics here (and at local hobby shops), there are two possibilities with this figure:
- It'll probably be smaller in stature than the regular 1/6 offerings from other companies.
- As Staggerly already stated, the HS will probably be very squeaky clean, as is the usual with Medicom's offering.

Anyway a new Indy film is coming, there maybe still a chance that Hot Toys will make their own version of Indy figures, so you'll have more options. :D

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
These are nice,

But I reckon they'll look short next to other stuff. The SS Indy will be taller than my current one and Henry, but he'll be next to my Endor Rebels so the height difference on one side will be ok.

You can bet they'll be twice what the SS one is when you add shipping

CHEERS!

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
I m thinking of getting the Medicom Dr Henry Jones but i m definitely passing on the Medicom Indy as i think SS actually did a better job on their Indy and what more, medicom products don't really impressed me..

Right now i got a headache : How to pose Medicom Henry together with SS Indy? Would there be any difference in scale? So far, Medicom Clone Trooper has been on par in scale with my SS jedis..Just afraid they will messed up the Henry jones...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts