One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, licensed Alex! I wish it was HT or another, higher-end company, but liking it better than any of the unauthorized versions I've seen to date.

The Mafex 2001 figs are 1:12, all plastic, but look great.

Hoping the Exec Replicas for 2001 1:6 is non-exclusive so Medicom can do those too - ER stuff is too expensive (nearly $400 a fig, for an admittedly complex suit) and what I've seen so far in their promo pics isn't promising...

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I really like the Mafex 2001 figures, they need to up their game when it comes to facial paint apps, but, they will be a darnsight cheaper than any ER/GoHero/Phicen offering.

I'm getting into 1/12 in a big way now, 1/2 the price or more of 1/6 and I think you get real bang for your buck with accessories to rival DX's.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I'm getting into 1/12 in a big way now, 1/2 the price or more of 1/6 and I think you get real bang for your buck with accessories to rival DX's.
The 1/12 scale deluxe figure is definitely on the rise, quite a few pretty amazing lines out there made by reputable companies, Mezco, ThreeA, Storm Toys, Medicom, Bandai... These are high quality products that could rival 1/6 in likeness, articulation and accessories (not quite, but are increasingly getting close) at a fraction of the 1/6 price.

Lastly my all time favorite Four Horsemen. They are a bit on the traditional side when it comes to look, structure and accessories, but boy aren't they pretty?! Check out their Mythic Legions line.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
What 1/12 have ThreeA done, they previewed some Stormtroopers a few years ago, but they couldn't get a license, probably due to Bandai having one. I don't recall having seen anything else since.

Those Horsemen figures do look nice though most look to have sold out

CHEERS!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
ThreeA is doing the Judge Dredd line, like this one, I'm surprised you are not aware as I thought all folks in UK are die-hard Dredd followers :lol

Also, they have MicroMan, which I'm not too crazy about.

You can still buy Four Horsemen's stuff on BBTS, but I'll suggest saving that as the last resort due to their practice of charging full MSRP and then some.

Four Horsemen ran two of the most successful toy Kickstarter campaigns to fund their GOTHITROPOLIS line and MYTHIC LEGIONS line, where you can pledge money and get full set of the figures at slightly more favorable price plus bonus items. I did the GOTHITROPOLIS but missed the MYTHIC LEGIONS, for which I will be kicking myself for eternity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts