One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Ok, I'm getting obsessed making 1/6 scale mid century furniture. My wife keeps teasing me to open a furniture store!

So I made some new furniture pieces for an upcoming diorama and took some practice shots. They came out good enough to share with everybody and so I have a new photo shoot on my blog here:

https://mcphicen.wordpress.com/2016/09/25/autumns-coming/

In addition, I have a new OOAK outfit. It's all Fashion Royalty this time, no phicen. But this was supposed to be just a practice shoot anyway.

The blog has 35 pics. I'm posting a few of the nicest here.

Thanks for looking and Happy Sunday everyone!

Don

Again, the full photo shoot is here:

https://mcphicen.wordpress.com/2016/09/25/autumns-coming/

·
Registered
950 Posts
Your work is very impressive. The little details too are very well thought out. The scatter rugs and the pillows look right out of the period. I especially like the fireplace . It looks perfect.

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
Beautiful! You've really captured that style, which at the time was called "Danish Modern". Yes, I'm totally dating myself. :)

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
:applause

Well done, indeed.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Love your diorama. It reminds me of the apartment of Auntie Mame with Rosalind Russell, and for some reason, All that Heaven Allows with Rock Hudson. Now I have to watch both.

G

·
That is wonderful! I half expect Doris Day and Rock Hudson to walk in at any moment!

Fantastic work! You have a great eye for detail, and an obvious love for the period

·
Registered
345 Posts
Wow. Brilliant work, the covered cushions on the armchair and footrest are very well shaped, not to mention the woodwork. Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Everyone! Thank you all so much for the really kind comments! I appreciate the encouragement so much! These were practice shots. I need to get the final projected completed before the leaves fall off the trees because that will be an important part of the backdrop! Again, thanks so much, Everyone!!! Best wishes to you all! -Don

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
You nailed it ( no pun intended) Retro furniture and the fire place. It actually reminds me of my ex inlaws living room, they had chairs almost identical to yours. Brilliant work. They were from the Netherlands the chairs too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
my parents still have that chair, but they refurbished the cushions. and that coffee table!! keep it long enough and the trend comes back :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts