One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks,

Just thought I'd show you my little McF Master Chief, basically because I like him, but also, the 12" one will look exactly like it and be just as posable. Roll on August.....

Pretty nice eh! I had to repaint some of the rifle on mine, the paint ops on them do tend to vary but the paintjob on the figures is superb.

CHEERS!

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
I wonder if they are going to take shortcuts or change the material used. The material on the regular Halo figures is fairly brittle, especially on the hand joints - you need to heat up the joints before moving them.

Also, I wonder if Master Chief is going to be 1/6 (like 13") or 12" tall. Hopefully 1/6, otherwise it's going to take a lot of customizing to make a 1/6 scale Master Chief...

Still, I'm pretty excited because the 5" Halo figures are awesome! They are way better than Joyride's figures.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
1/6 Master Chief

I'm really looking forward to the Master Chief in 1/6. I don't play the game but love the sci-fi angle.

At toyfair I saw McFarlanes version. Its 12 inches tall but not "true" 1/6. I'll buy it anyway. What isn't getting a lot of publicity is the HUGE (I think 18 inches!) Master Chief from Corgi. It is supposed to be diecast AND articulated. I'm waiting for more info from my contact at Corgi. I'll let you know.

Keep the info coming guys.

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
we at www.figures.com (me specifically) did a full article on the Halo 18" fig from Corgi/MR - gonna be a great buy if it's offered for under $150!

And McFarlane's 12" MC *may* be this articulated - I'll believe it when I see it, but McF is notorious for making changes prior to production - and it'll be a 12" tall MC and NOT true 1:6 scale - sadly, the only true 1:6 scale MC I've seen are customs... :(

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Article?

Crowinghorse, I'd love to read your article. Do you have a link? Just spent about 30 minutes looking and the site outsmarted me. All I could find were reviews on McFarlanes HALO.

Thanks,

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
So, How tall is the true 1/6 MC should be? Price yet? love to get one, if don't cost too much.
Master Chief is 7" tall, so he should be a bit taller than 12" in 1/6 form.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The GG and Corgi (Which will actually be Master Replicas.) ones will be very expensive. This will be affordable and be available in more than just one retailer. Gaming stores will probably have better prices then figure retailers. I got a McF Alien Queen for under £30 from a game retailer.

We'll see

CHEERS!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Crowinghorse, I'd love to read your article. Do you have a link? Just spent about 30 minutes looking and the site outsmarted me. All I could find were reviews on McFarlanes HALO.

Thanks,
Figures.com can be a bit of an adventure to find things on, at times :p

http://www.figures.com/databases/ac...egory=actionfigures&topic=249&show_article=20

I've been passing on the 5" Halo figs because they're so small... a nice poseable 12" (scaled or no) version would be awesome.

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts

Thanks,
Sorry - we're in the process of making major changes to Figures.com (and a lot of the Figures.com network sites) to make them not only more attractive (visually), but also easier to use as well -

If you check out our Toy Fair 2008 Photo Gallery, the links to the stories are under each of the categories...

The Corgi Halo articles is HERE!

·
Registered
913 Posts
I bought some of the 5 inch mcfarlane halo figures. They rock! Hope to buy more if I can find em. You do have to be a little careful when first posing them though. McFarlane is also doing a number of the armor variants and they look great. In order to make a true to scale 1/6 MC you have to alter a 12 body. That's why I went a bit smaller but I'm thinking to hell with it and planning to up the scale on mine by re-building a 12 body.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My retailer gets the exclusives from somewhere, I've seen the CQB guy with the interchangeable armour and he looks brilliant. Todd did also say that he wouldn't rule out doing a Warthog to scale with these figures, now that would be awesome!

Look forward to seeing your upgraded Master Chief

CHEERS!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts