One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Riverboat engineman
2,219 Posts
I have the G.I. Joe one. Not bad for Hasbro. You have a nice figure, looks just like him with out the jacket.

·
Old Jarhead
516 Posts
As usual negative preconceptions on one of World War II's greatest generals. He was ordered to leave the Phillipines by the Presidents direct order. One just has to look at the results he achieved in Post war Japan. And that garden spot North Korea that only continues to exist because extreme force was not used against Chinese intervention in 1950. One just needs to read a great bio like American Caesar by William Manchester to just understand the magnitude of his understanding of Asia and its people aside of the fact of being a great general.
Wonderful figure of an American military genius. Well Done!

·
Registered
665 Posts
As usual negative preconceptions on one of World War II's greatest generals. He was ordered to leave the Phillipines by the Presidents direct order. One just has to look at the results he achieved in Post war Japan. And that garden spot North Korea that only continues to exist because extreme force was not used against Chinese intervention in 1950. One just needs to read a great bio like American Caesar by William Manchester to just understand the magnitude of his understanding of Asia and its people aside of the fact of being a great general.
Wonderful figure of an American military genius. Well Done!
That's something that will be debated for generations to come.

What's not up for debate is that captainkemp has done a damn fine job of depicting one of the most colourful and controversial personalities of the last century.

Kudos to him. :thumb

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
As 4 apples says, that is a very good likeness of the man. I am impressed, from the decent sculpt, to that signature pose.

·
Riverboat engineman
2,219 Posts
Great figure. Politically it is all relative. My father, (WWII vet) also saw action in Korea,(received Purple heart there). He said he was up in North Korea with the 25th Infantry (Wolf Hounds) when "Dug out Doug" wanted to bomb the bridges on the Chinese border. If McArthur would have been given approval, the Chinese Army would have swept down in full force and would have killed them all. Some U.S. troops said they would have taken a pot shot at old "Dug out Doug" for even considering that idea.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Great figure. Politically it is all relative. My father, (WWII vet) also saw action in Korea,(received Purple heart there). He said he was up in North Korea with the 25th Infantry (Wolf Hounds) when "Dug out Doug" wanted to bomb the bridges on the Chinese border. If McArthur would have been given approval, the Chinese Army would have swept down in full force and would have killed them all. Some U.S. troops said they would have taken a pot shot at old "Dug out Doug" for even considering that idea.
a little off topic but I stumbled upon the 25th infantry when reading up on a dog known as the borzoi or wolfhound which is the mascot for the 25th and looks very similar to a greyhound of which I have had two

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Leave the personality alone. I don't care what you think of the man.

captainkemp created a wonderful figure. It's quite obvious to me he worked hard on it. It shows.

It's mighty fine work.

·
Riverboat engineman
2,219 Posts
As I posted, he had "a nice figure" on 1-29-14, and a "great figure" on 4-15-14.
And that's all I got to say on that....Forest Gump.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts