One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for the body that had anatomy look as close as Lee Majors. And I was hitted by this body - ACE MK-1, but really can't find better pic of its. Is this item still available in the market and easy to find? And is it cheaper than Hot toys or TTL? Also is there any other brand had the body close to ACE MK-1, just in case? Very much appreciated for your help! :thanks

·
super hot outside
4,362 Posts
Well, it's available on ebay every now and then like this one here.

I have two at home and all I can say is that they're pretty big and tall. They'd fit Soldier Story BDU's nicely. The joints are pretty loose though especially on the knees. I'd say the closest substitute is the new HT Advanced Truetype, though HT TT is not as tall or muscled as ACE's.

Also I did a comparison photo in my HT Advanced Truetype review here.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it's available on ebay every now and then like this one here.

I have two at home and all I can say is that they're pretty big and tall. They'd fit Soldier Story BDU's nicely. The joints are pretty loose though especially on the knees. I'd say the closest substitute is the new HT Advanced Truetype, though HT TT is not as tall or muscled as ACE's.

Also I did a comparison photo in my HT Advanced Truetype review here.

Thank you very much Doly! I don't mind for their loosen joint problem as I will mods its anyway. I just like the anatomy of the body of ACE MK-1, as it did look very close to Lee Majors's body...which not a muscle type but sort of strong & firm. :thanks

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have bought several. The more recent releases have been a lot better about getting the joints tighter. Keep in mind the waist and legs are bigger on the ACE body, so unless the pants run a little large on other figures they probably will not fit the ACE body.

As for price they are a lot cheaper than the Hot Toys True Type. Good Stuff to Go, and Monkey Depot both sell them for around $20.
Good Stuff to Go
Products

Monkey Depot - Figure: ACE Modern Italian Special Forces

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
I personally think the ACE shoulders are some of the best shoulders period, better than the Narrow Hot Hot Toys shoulders.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I like this figure. They are designed to be taken apart easily. You can detach the shoulders and knees, so they're good for customizing.

Like Dave70b said, the main problem with this figure is that its butt and thighs are VERY big, so good pants can be hard to find.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,941 Posts
They are big bodies. Broader, and taller. And yes, knees tend to be an issue. But overall, I would say as good as HT. I just wish you could get them as nudes like HT, and not have to break up a figure to get them.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have bought several. The more recent releases have been a lot better about getting the joints tighter. Keep in mind the waist and legs are bigger on the ACE body, so unless the pants run a little large on other figures they probably will not fit the ACE body.

As for price they are a lot cheaper than the Hot Toys True Type. Good Stuff to Go, and Monkey Depot both sell them for around $20.
Good Stuff to Go
Products

Monkey Depot - Figure: ACE Modern Italian Special Forces
Thanks a lot Dave, the waist & legs were the parts of what I means that was belong to Lee Majors! :lol And the price is decent! :thumb
I personally think the ACE shoulders are some of the best shoulders period, better than the Narrow Hot Hot Toys shoulders.
Thanks Paladin, that shoulder was also exactly belong to Lee Majors! :lol
I like this figure. They are designed to be taken apart easily. You can detach the shoulders and knees, so they're good for customizing.
Like Dave70b said, the main problem with this figure is that its butt and thighs are VERY big, so good pants can be hard to find.
Thanks...Pal, you make me feel more confident in going to use this body. His butt & thighs is also lee Majors's trademark. So first I have to get the ACE's body, then having the tailor make the outfit after his body. :think

I bought my first Ace body a little while ago and I really like it, I used it for my latest Ghost bash
Thanks Nigel for your confirm, you are a friend in need!!! :thumb
Oh I couldn't agree more! Definitely one of the best shoulders out there. Also the most anatomically and correct torso.
Thanks to your confirm Vancleefus, that is why I said this body had struck me at the first sight!!! :lol

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They are big bodies. Broader, and taller. And yes, knees tend to be an issue. But overall, I would say as good as HT. I just wish you could get them as nudes like HT, and not have to break up a figure to get them.
I wish that so...Rhino, then it may have to be special order as I'm familar with a man who own 1/6 shop...properly he can handle this for me though. :popcorn

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had called a man who own the 1/6 shop, he said he could find the nudes one - fresh from the box for me. And It would cost me around $ 28, now I just wait for his call for picking up the item. One thing I was forgot to ask you guys....what the choice of fists, which would compatible to use with this body - as I have to replace them to those original hands??? :doh :knock :thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts