One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Plastic Alchemist
1,111 Posts
Yup, found one and bought her, along with a pale Phicen steel frame body like the one you're using here. ALSO, I finally am going to grab some Hitohada gel; super soft silicone that I can use to cast "private parts" like you've been doing on your figures. I've been sculpting that detail into hard plastic for years, but am going to branch out into seamless figures, now that I remembered the hitohada gel as a resource. :)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Shanester, these bodies are in a whole different league from the hunks of rubber Hot Toys is pawning off (sorry, but they're basically statues for fan club members, not basic bodies for kitbashers).

I say this because Phicen has put a lot of research into the material they use for their bodies, as shown by their constantly improving products. None of my earliest Phicens (from when they were sold by Tiger Brothers) have had degradation of the skin. If they had a weakness, it was in the plastic skeleton. These steel skeleton bodies resolve that issue.

The only challenge these bodies present, and Phicen claims to be working on to resolve, is the feet are not capable of supporting the body without a stand when the figure is barefoot.

·
Plastic Alchemist
1,111 Posts
You know, the "Hot Stuff" bodies by Edation were at the top of my list, but even with the feet not being able to support the body on it's own, and the non-integral wrists, the steel skeleton of this Phicen body (and its body sculpt, which is very fine), have pushed the Hot Stuff bodies from their number one spot, for me. I mean, LOOK: she can CROSS HER LEGS. That is a pretty fair achievement in terms of articulation in a seamless body, and even a non seamless body, imho. I'm looking forward to the next improvement they undertake!

·
Registered
700 Posts
You know, the "Hot Stuff" bodies by Edation were at the top of my list, but even with the feet not being able to support the body on it's own, and the non-integral wrists, the steel skeleton of this Phicen body (and its body sculpt, which is very fine), have pushed the Hot Stuff bodies from their number one spot, for me. I mean, LOOK: she can CROSS HER LEGS. That is a pretty fair achievement in terms of articulation in a seamless body, and even a non seamless body, imho. I'm looking forward to the next improvement they undertake!
I couldn't agree more with you! I share exactly the same opinion. If the Hot Stuff bodies could ever pose like these Phicens, that would be an immense leap in female figures. I really think that Phicen should work on the feet and the hands. Anyway, let's see what comes in the future. The new Phicens for the end of the year are awesome! I wish they fixed the feet.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
They have stated that they're working on improving the feet, but not in time for the release of the next SS bodies (the large bust ones on pre-order now).

I'm not so sure I would like seamless hands, at least with the present level of design. The Hot Stuff bodies had really clunky looking fingers that were very limited in what they could hold. Sure, Phicen could make the hands of the SS bodies (at least the pale ones) match the body better, but they're nice sculpts that can be used in many situations. Another great advantage of removable hand sculpts is they make clothing changes so much easier.

As for the feet, for me the seamless design here is kind of a toss-up. Yes, they're an improvement in looks over the outmoded ankle cup design Phicen has been using, but so are other designs that allow for removable feet. Two examples that come to mind are the ankles of the original carded Hot Toys TT females and the innovative system Triad used on the Alpha body.

I'm just really glad Phicen has put so much effort into improving the material used for the "skin" of their seamless bodies. This is an area where Hot Stuff suffered terribly.

·
Registered
700 Posts
They have stated that they're working on improving the feet, but not in time for the release of the next SS bodies (the large bust ones on pre-order now).

I'm not so sure I would like seamless hands, at least with the present level of design. The Hot Stuff bodies had really clunky looking fingers that were very limited in what they could hold. Sure, Phicen could make the hands of the SS bodies (at least the pale ones) match the body better, but they're nice sculpts that can be used in many situations. Another great advantage of removable hand sculpts is they make clothing changes so much easier.

As for the feet, for me the seamless design here is kind of a toss-up. Yes, they're an improvement in looks over the outmoded ankle cup design Phicen has been using, but so are other designs that allow for removable feet. Two examples that come to mind are the ankles of the original carded Hot Toys TT females and the innovative system Triad used on the Alpha body.

I'm just really glad Phicen has put so much effort into improving the material used for the "skin" of their seamless bodies. This is an area where Hot Stuff suffered terribly.
Yes, I agree with you, in all what you say. You're right about the HS hands and the advantages of the modularity of the Phicens. However they would be more realistic, like the Scoonims, which are top notch but unaffordable for the majority. The skin is a major improvement, way above what's out there in the market.

My wish is to own a beautiful little woman, as realistic as possible, that can pose really well and stand on her feet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts