One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
It Figures!
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Hot Toys Drax figure and very happy with it. However, the skin tone is a little semi glossy. I want to tone down the gloss on it, so I was thinking of hitting it with a light coat of Testors clear matte spray (and all the extra hands). Any thoughts on how this might affect the figure long term? Should I worry about flaking or it messing up the figure in the future? Has anyone done this? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone! :thumb

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
What's the body made of? I haven't seen one, so I have no reference.

If it's flexible rubber, I'd probably not use the matte coat unless it's a very light spay...like a dry spray (i.e. hold the can about 18 inches or further away while you spray).

If it's more of a traditional hard plastic, is should be OK with the "dulling down" treatment.

·
It Figures!
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's the body made of? I haven't seen one, so I have no reference.

If it's flexible rubber, I'd probably not use the matte coat unless it's a very light spay...like a dry spray (i.e. hold the can about 18 inches or further away while you spray).

If it's more of a traditional hard plastic, is should be OK with the "dulling down" treatment.
The body is hard plastic (slightly flexible). It's not a soft flexible body. Good idea with a 'dry spray'. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
there is a document seal spray that is meant to seal pencil drawing or photo paper or other flexible medias for archival purpose, I saw one made by Krylon, and also available in matte, maybe it could work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts