1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
Thanks for the review. I have to disagree though. I don't think it looks like her at all. The jawline and mouth are all wrong, and the eyes are too small. They got the mole right. And the hair. Not the face.

Also, what's with the outfit? Two-part gloves are pretty cheesy, that's the wrong colour pink, and those shoes! They look like they belong on Minnie Mouse.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,827 Posts
Michael is being way too <CENSORING>ing generous. He did it with Wonder Woman and now Marilyn Monroe.

Below are my scores using Michael's metrics.

PACKAGING | *** (SAME)

SCULPTING | ** (The sculpt is no Marilyn Monroe. Maybe a sculpt of an impersonator.)

PAINT | **

ARTICULATION | ** 1/2

ACCESSORIES | ** 1/2

OUTFIT | ** 1/2

FUN FACTOR | **

VALUE | *

OVERALL | **

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
It is her, just not a particularly fortunate sculpt. I have the one that has been released with various outfits (unfortunately mine came by itself), and I like it better. HERE is an example. And while I agree she is beautiful, I have never ever been a fan. I think her most iconic look (simply for being so famous or infamous) would be with the white dress. And this is not it. As Michael pointed out, the colors don't match very well... even Mattel would have done a better job with pink.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Even if the eyebrows were a dark contrast to her hair would've made the figure look more 'Marilyn', but using the same gold color on both hair & brows gives an overall bland appearance.
The expression looks more hurt or traumatized than seductive.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Aside from the eyes, she actually reminds me more of Miranda Richardson as Ruth Ellis in Dance with a Stranger than Marylin:

tumblr_lsli4b9SLe1r2eepto1_500.jpg

CHEERS!

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Honestly at first I thought it was Gretchen Mol.
gretchen-mol-2016.jpg
Nice looking figure though, and some classy accessories, but doesn't hit the Monroe mark for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts