One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. I have recently purchased from Ebay the Marvel Studios Blade 12" figure, it is a well crafted head sculpt with some decent accessories and clothing (the sword is crap btw) But my problem is the body, why oh why is the body so strange? Please tell me where to find a more realistic and better articulated body that doenst resemble a mannequin with lamp-stand arms.

I need your greater knowledge on this one :)

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I remembered that id taken a picture of the body in question

You can see how strange the shoulder joints are. Also the ankles only move back and forth. The rest of the figure is fine, its just a let down regards these other two problems.

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Hot toys new AA body for 25.00 would do nicely as well.. it comes with duel neck post and 2nd set of hands....The Apollo Creed nude is now availalbe on e-bay as well but you loose a great deal of articulation.....

·
Banned
1,372 Posts
I have to agree with 5x5 and blackops4free. You should invest in a new body.

However, you do not necessarily need to go with an AA body unless you plan on exposing some skin. If you plan on using the Blade costume, which completely covers him, you could go with a BBi G3.5, or a HT body. Both have excellent articulation.

·
Registered
641 Posts
heya there - permit me to chime in, as i had the exact same problem when i got my Blade ... i used an earlier/older generation Hot Toys' AA body (swapped my Will Smith lookalike out LOL) - the neckpost fit just fine, with no alteration needed. i haven't had the opportunity to try the new Hot Toys' bods, so can't be sure.

you'd also wanna consider how tall you want your figure to be, compared to the rest of your other figures. early Hot Toys' were taller, so that worked for me.

but now frankly, looking back at the image of the original body you posted above - it looks weird when you pose him standing still, but imagine the posing possiblities with his shoulder-and-chest area = he could easily put his arm closer to each other in a killer-stroke pose, doesn't he? (sorry, am i making any sense here? LOL)

cheers :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just put ur Marvel Studios Blade head to New Hottoy true type body,case closed heheheeheh :cheers

57 Posts
I used a new generation HT AA body and all worked perfectly. Once the MS head is pulled off the original body it fits nicley on the second HT neck they include with their bodies. Now to get some better looking gear for this guy.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thx U HotToys,my Blade II figure look great now!!

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aylumyddet: Nice one! I really like your new Blade :)
onesixx: Yeah dont worry i know where your coming from. I had considered just keeping the original body, but i really like the end scene from the first movie where Blade is not wearing his bomber jacket or trench coat, just bare armed, its cool, so id like that option, otherwise i probably wouldnt have bothered thinking of a new body.

Thank you all for the help! I certainly have some hunting to do.

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I had this same problem. The head is bolted fast to the neck post, so the only way to get the head off is to yank it clean off. The cup shaped joint at the bottom of the neck will be broken, but thats fine because this needs to be removed anyway. Remove the neck joint with an art knife, stanley knife, whatever works, also try heating up the neck with a hair dryer and yank out the joint with a pair of plyers. The head will now be suitable for a Hottoys neck joint. I obviously used the Hottoys black body which has really great articulation. Ive posted links to the body parts you'll need.

Hot Toys 1/6 True Type 38 BODY Black + Hand Feet Pegs
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hot-Toys-1-6-...hZ013QQcategoryZ27294QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Hot Toys 1/6 True Type 38 Black Neck Joint #2 fr Dragon
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hot-Toys-1-6-...hZ013QQcategoryZ27294QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I'll post up some pics of my Blade, its still WIP.

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also the hands may be another problem, i used the original Blade hands but tooled them to fit the Hottoys wrist pegs. Or you could simply find a similar pair of gloved hands made for Hottoys pegs
These shown below are kinda similar to the Blade 2 gloves:
1:6 Hottoys Mountain OPS Sniper PCU - Black Glove Hands
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-6-Hottoys-M...ryZ27294QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
You may find the the choice of Black Hottoys gloves are limited, i personaly havnt found any identical to the ones Blade wears.

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Auret: Yes that is certainly true, especially his grip is not tight enough to hold smaller weapons/objects. Triad do a pair of basic black gloves, but im not sure if they accept Hottoys pegs.

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's the Marvel Studios head on a Hottoys neck joint and body

My Blade custom is finished, so once i have some decent lighting i will post up my finished result in a few days or so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need help. I have recently purchased from Ebay the Marvel Studios Blade 12" figure, it is a well crafted head sculpt with some decent accessories and clothing (the sword is crap btw) But my problem is the body, why oh why is the body so strange? Please tell me where to find a more realistic and better articulated body that doenst resemble a mannequin with lamp-stand arms.

I used ganghood black body cut the neck then put the tattoos on my self looks awesome now

I usedganghood black body cut the neck off then done the tattoos myself

1 - 20 of 20 Posts