Here's Hulk with my Custom Deadpool
DSC05880 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC05879 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC05885 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC05886 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

·
No more Pancake face
1,044 Posts
Re: Marvel Legends icons 12" Avengers Assemble (Hulk & Thor)

Where's Frank Castle Hasbro!

·
Life is tough then u die
966 Posts

I had seen on instagram someone with the Hulk. The image did not show scale and now seeing these images, wow he is big.

That is a great collection as well.

·
Registered
486 Posts

I just picked up Thor this weekend, they did a great job on him!! Can't wait for the Hulk though, he is massive!

·
Stop-Motion Animator
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I do have to original 12 Punisher but like you bro, I would love to see their take on him now. These figures are really a step up from their first incarnation.
he's got one heck of a collection
Like his dad, he's blessed

I had seen on instagram someone with the Hulk. The image did not show scale and now seeing these images, wow he is big.

That is a great collection as well.
I too enjoy the comparison pics.

I just picked up Thor this weekend, they did a great job on him!! Can't wait for the Hulk though, he is massive!
You will enjoy him. We have the HT Hulk so I'm think this Hulk should be the "Totally Awesome Hulk" that is now appearing a a teenager Hulk.

Was that Hulk 75$?
He pre-ordered him from Walmart online and got him for $55

It's nice to see Jr is taking after Dad (or was it the other way round)? :)
Oh it's definitely Him taking after Dad. I'm so proud of him

·
Registered
5,658 Posts

I appreciate this level of figure for Super-Heroes, way above the shampoo bottles but well below overpriced Sideshow figures. Sculpted works well enough for me where the outfit is supposed to be Spandex, like Spidey or Deadpool, and less so where it's something like the Hulk's torn fabric pants. What this Hulk really has going for it is the two head sculpts, plus it's much bigger than previous mass market Hulks. The Thor, I like unreservedly (having just got him today).

A heads-up for Canadians is that they just hit our Toys'r'Us this week while yesterday they started an across the board "up to 30% off all Marvel product" so I got my Thor discounted, $63 Can. even though he's only been on the shelves here less that a week. No sign of the Hulk for me but if I found one he'd be 30% off up to August 24.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts

The figures are comics style but the selection is movie-driven: Captain America Civil War -> Cap, Iron Man and Spidey; Deadpool -> Deadpool; and Thor Ragnarok -> Thor and Hulk. But they did make an SDCC exclusive Daredevil, so if that's possibly Netflix driven, the Punisher should also have a chance.

·
Warning: Choking Hazard !
1,392 Posts

Thanks for the pics AFM - will need to be on the lookout for the hulk !

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

Thanks for the pics. I was curious as to how Thor stacked up size-wise compared to the rest. He's a little less bulky than I would have thought but still beefy enough.

I also bought the Hulk recently and think it's a great figure -- Probably the best 1/6 Hulk ever made aside from the Hot Toys. For years, I've wanted the rare rotocast comic-style Hulk, but it's hard to find and pricey. Now this new Hulk just made that one obsolete. Love it!

·
Registered
968 Posts

Love it. Awesome!!!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts

That's a GREAT collection you've got there. These figures have indeed come a long way since the first generation. The Hulk in particular looks superb; almost perfect IMHO. I really like the relative scale they used for him, too. (Reminds me of the original Jack Kirby-esque scaling.) The only thing that would have possibly made the Hulk better is if they'd put cloth pants on him. Just a bit of a nit really. Otherwise, an awesome looking and undoubtedly fun set of figures.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts

Talk about your basic "chip off the old block..."

Those are great.

I have the Spidey and Iron Man myself. Seems perfectly obvious to me that your son, like his dad before him, has excellent taste.

How does that Hulk compare to the HT, if you don't mind my asking?

·
Stop-Motion Animator
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Thanks for the pics AFM - will need to be on the lookout for the hulk !
My pleasure.
Thanks for the pics. I was curious as to how Thor stacked up size-wise compared to the rest. He's a little less bulky than I would have thought but still beefy enough.

I also bought the Hulk recently and think it's a great figure -- Probably the best 1/6 Hulk ever made aside from the Hot Toys. For years, I've wanted the rare rotocast comic-style Hulk, but it's hard to find and pricey. Now this new Hulk just made that one obsolete. Love it!
I have the original Hulks (Green and Gray) Would love them to do a gray Hulk and a Red Hulk too would be freaking too cool.

Love it. Awesome!!!
Thanks. My son is very proud. He has a ton of the Marvel legends 6". He's slowly getting into the 12" size with a few Hot Toys. Thank the Lord he has a job and is purchasing his own figures.
That's a GREAT collection you've got there. These figures have indeed come a long way since the first generation. The Hulk in particular looks superb; almost perfect IMHO. I really like the relative scale they used for him, too. (Reminds me of the original Jack Kirby-esque scaling.) The only thing that would have possibly made the Hulk better is if they'd put cloth pants on him. Just a bit of a nit really. Otherwise, an awesome looking and undoubtedly fun set of figures.
I agree on the pants. It shouldn't be too hard for someone to make some,huh. spiderrouge, I'm looking your way.

Talk about your basic "chip off the old block..."

Those are great.

I have the Spidey and Iron Man myself. Seems perfectly obvious to me that your son, like his dad before him, has excellent taste.

How does that Hulk compare to the HT, if you don't mind my asking?
I keep telling my son we should take a few pics. I'll try and get to that soon.

·
Registered
968 Posts

I wonder (because you brought up the age difference) if people in thier 20s have an aversion to 1/6 scale because of price (or whatever reason et). As a father, do you notice a migration of younger collectors towards 6 inch figures rather than towards 12 inch?

·
Stop-Motion Animator
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)

I wonder (because you brought up the age difference) if people in thier 20s have an aversion to 1/6 scale because of price (or whatever reason et). As a father, do you notice a migration of younger collectors towards 6 inch figures rather than towards 12 inch?
I just asked him and he said the following: He likes the 6" vs 12" because of price. Especially when compared to the price of Hot Toys, which he does have a few. Since he is such a good son, we charge him very little to live here. This allows him some freedom to collect.

Now if I could get him to animate them....He did do all titles and the FX on these clips

Go back to the top post to see the Hot Toys Hulk Comparison.

AFM

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts

Go back to the top post to see the Hot Toys Hulk Comparison.

AFM
Thank you, kind sir. That HT green guy is a big one.

I bought the knock-off Chinese copy of the same size. No articulation in the arms and very little in the legs (just a little), but he does have some interchangeable hands. Looks pretty cool on the shelf, though.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts