One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again all. This is another Marine that I have done. He has returned from a successful patrol and is taking a moment to thank a higher power. Or perhaps he is looking at a helicopter flying overhead. Or maybe there is a huge camel spider on a building.

Sideshow Head, repainted with acrylic and pastels on a Barrack Sgt. body. Hot Toys Fallujah Marine uniform, weathered with acrylics.

Thanks very much for looking and comments/criticisms always welcomed.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Awesome Marine Z10. Love the headsculpt, he looks like a seasoned vet leading his own platoon around.
The headsculpt and the pose has a lot of character, and you did wonders with that HT Marine set.

Oh by the way, I Hate you so much! The repaint? The weathering? The simple yet eloquent base? You're killing meee!

·
HOOYAH! CORPSMAN UP!
607 Posts
Wow! Another awesome MARINE!!! I can't help but notice the influx of regular soldiers other than SPECOPS being posted. This figure is really well done. And that HS really tops off the work overall!!! I can't wait to post my LEATHERNECK as he is still awaiting for some parts to come!!! OUTSTANDING work on this one my friend!!!

:cheers

·
THE BUTCHER (OSW Stuff:)
2,525 Posts
Hi nice eyes repaint.

The 4th pic with the ammo belt feed close up indicates that it was placed wrongly. I thought the links should be facing up? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man! You guys belittle my kitbashes. LOL! OUTSTANDING WORK!
Nah, I've seen your stuff and it's very good.

Hi nice eyes repaint.

The 4th pic with the ammo belt feed close up indicates that it was placed wrongly. I thought the links should be facing up? Please correct me if i'm wrong.
You are probably correct. The modern stuff is very new to me, so I have little doubt I have messed something up. That's why these forums are so great. The knowledge base is incredible. Thanks guys!

Doug

·
Master of the Iron Horse
356 Posts
The ammo belt is upside down. Otherwise the bolt can't catch the round to chamber it. It should be brass to the grass and if you wanted to be real technical about it, female end first.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.