One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 695 Posts

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Marathon LOTR/Hobbit 16 Figures WIP Exocutioner Wraith Helm Finished & Attached.

Yup got my hands full of Middle Earth projects so decided to do them all together as I step back from SW and IM builds to a less technological favourite of mine, there will still be armour though!
Asmus's release of the Hobbits is to blame for all this as now I have to rescale every Hobbit I own and make two new ones. Forking out the crazy eBay prices for their sets of Hobbits was a no go for me, I'd be looking at 500gbp before taxes so about 650 altogether! Instead I hit Toy Anxiety for every part I could except for the bodies (50 each, ouch) and I missed Frodo's hs which will be a bridge to cross later but got all the clothing I wanted except for Pippin's? scarf. Of course these clothes don't fit the Hobbit bodies I currently have so I'll chop the bodies up and reassemble them to be the right size and physique; an older Bilbo is also in the mix here to be resized.

I need to finish my Eowyn in armour but the basics are already done.

The next might be unfamiliar to many, I even forgot they appeared in the last Hobbit film "Five Armies", is a Witch King/Nazgul Lord, he'll be my interpretation and amalgamation of various representations I've seen in statue form.. er.. two.

Sticking with the bad guys, The Mouth Of Sauron (TMOS for this build) is next, well I'm not sure in what order I'll actually build everything but next on the list at least. I have the Asmus hs and interchangeable faces the rest I'll make for him, not planning on a horse as yet.

I may or may not make another Uruk-hai soldier, I already made a Lurtz many years ago (pictured below) from the same kit and I'd like to do a crossbowman if I don't run out of steam first! I thought I'd throw him in as a possibility because if I just said "The 9" in the tittle there would be all kinds of confusion!

Last but definitely not least and the one I'm probably looking forward to the most will be my own imagining of Sauron himself, not in his battle armour although that would be fantastic but I think my brain would fry at that level of amazing detail needed to be sculpted to make the armour and helm. So I'm going for a more "relaxed" (WTF?) look for him, a sort of "This is my giant vessel that I hang around in when I'm at home or just addressing the troops from my balcony etc..". He'll still have armour and a helm but more akin to a Witch King look except he will be a giant at 18"!

Okay loads of "what I have" pics coming up.. or "car crash pics" as PKD would say. You know the drill by now, here's loads of stuff, I don't really know what I'm doing as I make it up as I go along but there is a plan there somewhere... I think..

Hobbitsis...

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Eowyn..

TMOS...

Five Armies Nazgul...

Uruk-hai soldier...

(My Lurtz..)

18" Sauron Vessel...

Reference pics for the FA Nazgul...

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Marathon LOTR/Hobbit Build Of 9 Or 10 Figures WIP

Forgot to mention I Have a few more important pieces of armour coming for the Nazgul and Sauron...

x2 I think...

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts

Wow, very ambitious!! I'll be watching with great interest. Looks like it's going to lots of fun!

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Cool Shovel can't wait to see your progress,this is going to be awesome! There and back again a Shovelchops tale. :lol :popcorn
LOL, nice one SirGor! Cheers!

Wow, very ambitious!! I'll be watching with great interest. Looks like it's going to lots of fun!
Thanks Spitfire! I hope so, guess I'll start hacking with the Dremell today.

Here's the fight scene between the Wraith and Elrond, Galadriel and Saruman (wow he kicks butt in this scene!), as they are ethereal they're tricky to pin down design wise, there's the two shown above, a large horned spikey one, a very skeleton like one, a sort of Saxon/Viking one, no idea about the other four so far. There's a clip right after this of Galadriel facing down Sauron which is worth a look too.

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Started on my first hobbit body using a hacksaw until I did the first leg, tough plastic there, got the Dremell out then; promptly cut my finger open with a scalpel soon after (idiot!). I've taken 15mm off in height and narrowed the chest a lot, still need to do the arms and maybe a tad more off the thighs.

I've done more research into the Nazgul as they appear in The Hobbit finale TBOFA and found more pics of the six I mentioned before, no idea where the other three can be found in detail except on this cool first pic:

Concept art:

Movie still:

Not shown in the film but nice design:

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well there's definitely something positive to say about the simple cheap Toybiz(?) bodies over the SSC ones in this sort of situation, might just pick a couple more up! SSC is doable but a pain in the neck and I know superglue is just going to go everywhere!

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

Still not a fan of the SSC body for these mods as there is hardly any plastic to work with but saying that it's coming back together with some superglue and filling in gaps with hotglue, why? because it sets fast, is controllable with a cold steel sculpting tool and I have loads of it. I'm concerned about how to reattach the thighs to the hips though because of the articulation they use (mushroom pegs) having said that I'm also concerned about reattaching the lower legs on the Toybiz version too as I had to cut them so high, perhaps I'll cut them lower on the next one and just cover the seam as there's very little room between the knee joint and the attachment area now. I've got some model kit polycap sprues to use as connecting rods since they are PVC not ABS and shouldn't snap as they are tougher. I used E-clips on the Toybiz shoulders to tighten articulation as there are no longer any rubber pads pushing on them.

Done the same with the Toybiz body to have something to screw into later.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts

Blimey, you're having fun. There's more hack and slash going on here than there was in the movies! I have some of the old DID ones knocking about, I think I bought one to use for a waistcoat and I forget why I got the other one, all I can really recall is that they were cheap as chips when the retailer cleared them out.
That Uruk-Hai kit almost looks too good to chop up, it could also be rare, I'd keep that complete and in the box as it might actually be worth something.

CHEERS!

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Blimey, you're having fun. There's more hack and slash going on here than there was in the movies! I have some of the old DID ones knocking about, I think I bought one to use for a waistcoat and I forget why I got the other one, all I can really recall is that they were cheap as chips when the retailer cleared them out.
That Uruk-Hai kit almost looks too good to chop up, it could also be rare, I'd keep that complete and in the box as it might actually be worth something.

CHEERS!
I was wondering where you were hiding! :lol Yup lots of chopping going on, as long as I can keep my hands out of the mix it's all fun! :wink. I know you have those hobbit bodies, you wouldn't sell them to me! :knock. As for the kit, might be rare but only cost around 12 quid new on eBay a year or two ago and I'm thinking of making it a Uruk-Hai swordsman now with the centurion like helmet and added armour, that way I can pose my Lurtz with his powerful bow that killed Boromir.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts

Oh, did I, hmm. Well, when I eventually move, you get first dibs on anything I don't take with me, how's that!?

As for where I've been, well, I didn't want to bore you with rantings about my absent Bandai AT-ST, I've been doing that just about everywhere else, LOL!

Carry on!

CHEERS!

·
Registered
96 Posts

Finally a new chop thread! Best wip pics in the business, and its a joy to be able to check the forum and see interesting updates.

Do your thing :popcorn :popcorn

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

Oh, did I, hmm. Well, when I eventually move, you get first dibs on anything I don't take with me, how's that!?

As for where I've been, well, I didn't want to bore you with rantings about my absent Bandai AT-ST, I've been doing that just about everywhere else, LOL!

Carry on!

CHEERS!
Well I hope you get to move soon, you really need more space! Bad luck on the AT-ST, I hope you get that sorted.

Well now! This should be a fun one to watch come together. Off to a helluva start!
Cheers PM!

Finally a new chop thread! Best wip pics in the business, and its a joy to be able to check the forum and see interesting updates.

Do your thing :popcorn :popcorn
Thank you very much renews! It's an honour to be appreciated!

Got what I think and hope is the trickiest part of the SSC body reconstruction done, the thighs, any gaps will be filled in with hot glue, just letting the superglue dry in the pics and trying like mad to keep it out of the joints!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts

The AT-ST should be here this week, it just feels longer. I suppose it has given me time to amass research, paints and tools so it's not all bad. I can't see the move happening for a year at least though.

CHEERS!

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Wow... that's some serious amputation work. Good job.
Well it is the chop shop! LOL.

Quite the undertaking but if anyone is up to it, it would be you.
Cheers for the faith dude!

Respekt ! Hard to finish a bash with only one figure. Sometimes projects ends unfinished in the bottom drawer. Especially when they are elaborate. Great to see You bring all Your projects to an end.
Well I've only just started lol! No pressure then!:wink. I also have loads of unfinished builds and planned builds with all the parts needed stored in draws, I like to think they will keep me busy as I get older and probably poorer!

The AT-ST should be here this week, it just feels longer. I suppose it has given me time to amass research, paints and tools so it's not all bad. I can't see the move happening for a year at least though.

CHEERS!
That sucks man, I hope to manage to speed things up.

Just a comparison in height, the modified SSC body (so far) with the Asmus Samwise head as it's the only one with a neck so it will go on this body (had to remove the neck socket rubber plug though). Looks about right to me, working on the torso parts now as I've done the arms already.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts

Completely blown away.

Probably the most ambitious project proposal I've seen. Wouldn't have the guts to say it out loud myself, knowing how long it takes for me to build anything. By the time I got close to finishing, I'd be too old to remember what the hell I'd started.

Chop away, brah. I'll be here watching.

1 - 20 of 695 Posts