One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I like the show, which depicts the people involved in the development of America's A-bombs. The "second team" is run by Frank Winter, who is the best character in the series. Part of his drive to get the bomb built comes from his experience as a soldier in WW1. In the most recent episode, Frank flashed back to when he was sent out to gather papers, etc. from dead German soldiers. It was during that sequence that I had my WTF moment. Frank reaches into a shallow, water-filled hole, to pull a body out. The back of the German's stahlhelm is pictured momentarily. Remember, this is WW1.

There should not have been any decal at all, but especially back there. But, it's only history, right?

-----

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Good catch, Mike. Unfortunately most people in TV and film (OK, movies) no longer have no idea about military history.

I started watching a programme about WW2 the other day (i think it was the 4th part of a series on Discovery) but after seeing a re-enacted scene with US troops wearing British '37 pattern webbing and then a German/Russian fight around a V1 rocket on a rail car supposedly in a rail-yard outside of Moscow in 1941 I gave up on it as being a complete crock O.S.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,821 Posts
I take it we all know how this series is going to end right?

The finale will go out with a huge bang?

:doh

Sorry Mike. I couldn't help myself being the [email protected]$$ I am.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chung, you've probably caused a panic at WGN, where they are trying to find out who leaked the ending.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts