One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Dear Wun Lung : the bamboo was just lucky ; they were selling fake plastic and paper bamboo in the local hardware shop . I bought it all ! If you keep a look out you can find almost anything .
The trick with all these bases is to plan ahead : have a clear idea or sketch before you start ; gather your materials carefully ; and find a big space where it doesn't matter if you make a mess : you can work on the washable kitchen tops if domestic arrangements allow. Gather mixing trays , some big cheap artist bristle brushes , filler , colouring matter earth , sand. , grit , scenic plants . Then save time and cleaning by making several at once .
Phantastik work/contribution as always...

Important work keeps scuttling my plans for diorama building...
But it can't stop me from buying/collecting items for the dios of the future.
(I have been in collecting mode for going on two years now without a start tho...lol).

I agree that you you have to grab something when the opportunity arises.
Months ago a scored garden sandstone irregular rocks that people left on the nature strip for the dump. I could barely lift a couple of them into the van (after asking the people who were throwing them out).

When I trim trees, I keep the more artistic looking branches suitable for 1/6 scale trees...and I am always on the look-out for vegetation that would be suitable for a 1/6 scale dio when I go bush walking or go to Flower Power.

For quit a while I have been thinking about germinating grass seeds, etc with the intention of spraying them with vanish, etc to keep the shape after it dries for painting.

The use of Bonsai plants probably isn't going to happen since they need too much TLC, but it might be an option. Maybe I could rent them and hand them back.

Preparation is half the fun, imo...

>>>

·
Guardian of Hades
1,558 Posts
Phantastik work/contribution as always...

Important work keeps scuttling my plans for diorama building...
But it can't stop me from buying/collecting items for the dios of the future.
(I have been in collecting mode for going on two years now without a start tho...lol).

I agree that you you have to grab something when the opportunity arises.
Months ago a scored garden sandstone irregular rocks that people left on the nature strip for the dump. I could barely lift a couple of them into the van (after asking the people who were throwing them out).

When I trim trees, I keep the more artistic looking branches suitable for 1/6 scale trees...and I am always on the look-out for vegetation that would be suitable for a 1/6 scale dio when I go bush walking or go to Flower Power.

For quit a while I have been thinking about germinating grass seeds, etc with the intention of spraying them with vanish, etc to keep the shape after it dries for painting.

The use of Bonsai plants probably isn't going to happen since they need too much TLC, but it might be an option. Maybe I could rent them and hand them back.

Preparation is half the fun, imo...

>>>
Don't laugh but you can even use household brushes and brooms that have suitable bristles to make clumped foilage and grass hedges.
You just turn the head upside down and set it into the base when you start.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts