One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on the details of the PT105/309. I am making the 50cal Machine Guns. I have purchased several and they are all different.
So I am going to attempt making one or all four needed for the boat. I checked the market place here and their are none so far.
I picked the best looking one to copy. It will be changed to match what was on the boat. Of the two boats I have chosen to portray
they both had a total of five 50's. I should be recording my progress in the making of the MG's as it will help in creating the ones
I need. If this works out I may consider making a Higgins boat as well. Right now it is the 80' Elco.
"All hands muster to your assigned duty stations" "Project underway"

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it's not too expensive as I have the materials. If I had to get the materials it would still only cost under 20 bucks.
It's more of the time putting it all together, I tend to want it all done yesterday. So I have to slow down, take my time and do it right.
Painting will be part of getting it right, weathering and remembering that these boats were at sea. Also the climate is important.
From my own experience it is very HOT and Humid, things tend to grow faster out there, like moss and sea things.
Not so much in rust but more in salt deposits. Even the lubericants were eaten by the elements.
This is going to be FUN. It brings back memories of being out there.
Say do you know how to post photos here?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Were you in Vietnam?
Well I know how to post thumbnail type pics. They come in small until someone actually clicks on it. There apparently is another way to have them show up large but I don't know how to do that.

If you look in the box you type your replies in you'll notice a button that looks kinda like a picture. You'll click on it and it'll give you an option to upload a picture from a computer/phone or a website.
If you select the computer then you'll have to actually upload it to your profile before putting it into a post.
My explanation sounds more confusing than what it really is.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, in the Tonkin Gulf area. Assigned to the PBR markII's. Plastic Fantastic's. We were on some of the last patrols.
We watched everybody else's six as they left the country. PBR II were like the PT's of VN.
Hey thanks for the how on posting photos. I will give it a try!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts