One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sinister plan that involves 1/6 police safety tape ("Police Line Do Not Cross" kind of thing). My first thought is some kind of inkjet printable plastic sheeting that's thin enough to act like the real stuff, but I figured I'd ask here and see what other ideas you guys have for it. Thanks!

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm. I might try the paper/tape route, or just different weights of paper to see how that looks. Tried figuring out printable plastics, but am just getting confused. I was also contemplating printable fabrics but fraying and bleed were concerns to me. Maybe I can mix that with the tape solution which could solve both (though possibly at the cost of flexibility).

I like the labelmaker idea, but I think it's going to end up being impractical because I wanted quite a bit of it and I think the labelmaker approach is going to end up being too expensive for it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
800 Posts
You want some thin flexible plastic sheeting I presume.

Check out the printable decal film that plastic modellers use. It is a touch flimsy, but should work after printing if you soak it for a few minutes instead of a few seconds as you would if you were using it for a real decal.

- Ivan.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts