One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, a newbie here. So a couple of questions...so bear with me:

Just got a M33 male phicen....love it! So I ordered a M34 as well. Question though...some of the threads have started to scare me regarding staining, cracking and maintenance. How often should I be dusting them with cornstarch?

Also, has there been any wrist issues with the M33 and M34 when changing hands....when I changed one of the hands on my M33 it was a bugger to do and the wrist kept flopping around when I was changing it...I broke into a sweat when doing it!

Any other tips would be very helpful around maintenance so that I don't get any skin cracking (or was this more an issue with the female phicens?)

One last question...what sort of double sided tape (brand please) is recommended to attach the male genitals...or is there a better method.

Thanks in advance:help

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
To prevent staining by putting clothes on these, I always give the clothes a long soak in a mix of water and vinegar (distilled), or soap and water; especially dark clothing.

Dust will always be an issue. If the figure already has a decent layer of starch on it, just use a dust sprayer for computers to get the lint off.

As far as the wrists, they are a pain-in-the-ass, but it helps to heat the hands up with a hair dryer for about 30 seconds or more to make them more pliable. I usually peel the skin back a little and hold the peg with a pair of needle nose pliers while putting the hands back on.

As far as the penis attachments, you should be able to just press them on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Stryker2011

How often should I brush it with cornstarch? Every couple of months or.....? Thanks for the tips! I did not know I could peel back the skin a bit on the wrist. Pretty scared of breaking the wrists when changing hands. I am assuming this version is stronger than the M30 :thanks

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Hi ellenare,

Be careful with dark clothing. Follow the suggestion you were already given and/or test in an inconspicuous area first. Supposedly the silicon can absorb some of the stain over time so it might disappear, but better safe than sorry. If it is a question or dust or lint, you could use a lint brush, but then you will also be taking out the silicon finishing powder and making the surface sticky.

Speaking of which, M33 and M34 already come with a hefty amount of powder on them. Apart from cornstarch, you could use white/transparent silicon finishing powder, but on these newer Phicen bodies I have noticed that it shows when taking photos with a flash. You don't have to use powder unless you feel the rubbery silicon flesh/skin getting very sticky.

Generally speaking, the wrist issue is not a major one with these bodies (M31 is another story). Just grab the lower arm tightly when gently pulling off a hand. When a hand is off (unattached), you can use something (knife, cutter, etc) to shave off a tiny bit of the lining of the hole/socket inside the hand. This way it would be easier to attach and detach. When putting on a new hand, heat it with a blow dryer first. When removing a hand, you can do the same, but do what you can to shield the rubbery skin on the body from the heat of the blow dryer (with a thick envelope or something).

The genitals just require being pressed onto the appropriate section of the body. Might help to rub in/out some of the powder in that area (that is where you want the silicon to be sticky). The seal is not terribly strong, but that is so you could easily attach and detach them.

In terms of general maintenance, avoid leaving the figures in extreme environments or extreme poses for long amounts of time. The silicon flesh/skin is supposedly better at withstanding cracking but reportedly it occurs (I read somewhere on here, that a female figure posed riding a horse ended up splitting down there). If you do get a crack, don't despair, one fix is to put some clear silicon glue into the cracks or holes to keep them from increasing. The material is actually quite resilient. If you take a knife to it, it would take some effort to inflict significant damage.

Here are the links to my Phicen male bodies reviews:
M30 and M31
M32
M33
M34

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh thanks GubenatorFan! Can you recommend where I can get white/transparent silicone powder and what brand and if needed clear silicone glue? Any sites online?:thanks

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Hi again,
For everyone's potential benefit, I have used successfully NYX HD Studio Photogenic Finishing Powder SFP01 Translucent Full Size on early male Phicen bodies, but as I have mentioned repeatedly, it seems like the newer ones come with plenty of powder so that the additional powder does not fully dissolve on them and if you take a photo with a flash it might look like a dusting.
There is now a specific maintenance kit for Phicen silicon skin that I also found on eBay but have not yet tried.

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts