One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My contest entries from the Annual Fantasynet Contest. The Beholder came out exactly as I envisioned it ... ala Big Trouble in Little China. (Jack Burton's gonna have his hands full). Some great stuff over there for the fantasy and AD&D minded! Check it the contest thread!

FRED

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I saw these over at Fantasy.net, two of the best in my opinion (I also liked the Cyclops).

Your attention to detail is amazing. If you have them I'd like to see more images of everything - Magic user, Beholder, wizard's study and cavern - Lots of amazing details.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, all. The lab set up is just a quick compilation of pieces put together for the photo. There's no actual diorama though I've been gathering items for a wizard's lair for some time. The beholder eye stalks are poseable and he really levitates (yeah, right). I created the fingernails using thin synthetic leather so they are flexible and resistant to break-offs. I've tried using cut plastic straws before but they don't hold well and tend to break off easily.

FRED

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Thanks, all. The lab set up is just a quick compilation of pieces put together for the photo. There's no actual diorama though I've been gathering items for a wizard's lair for some time. The beholder eye stalks are poseable and he really levitates (yeah, right). I created the fingernails using thin synthetic leather so they are flexible and resistant to break-offs. I've tried using cut plastic straws before but they don't hold well and tend to break off easily.

FRED
...just thrown together for the picture :sadshake Are you yanking my crank? :p

For a throw together you did a damn fine job of staging and lighting.:hat

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Truely not! I draped some stone pattern cloth over a chair frame on the dining room table (don't tell the Mrs.). The scatter light is from the window and an overhead fan and the background spot is a $1 battery op light. I used a curtain w/rod from another diorama, the table is a coaster set with piece of velvet draped over it and the book shelf is a small curio I'd been saving for the wizard's study. All the little bottles are fresh from my pirate shelf as are the other oddball pieces. The crystal ball pedestal is an old McD toy that I repainted.

Here's a different arrangement....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.