One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Macv Sog Operator, Vietnam

The base figure was from Soldier Story and I added a new head sculpt, distressed his clothing and added more water bottles and equipment to his belt order

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
can the chest rig hang lower so you can pull it tighter against his stomach?
black holsters were more common in 'nam, I think. (hard to come by in 1/6 though)
I love the whole load-out and the reddish dirt weathering, bravo!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments

I Picked up the original figure from a shop that was closing down in Asia. It was great to get a long out of production figure cheaply but the downside was that items had started to deteriorate where he had been displayed in a hot window or cabinet

A lot of his equipment had been glued in place and other parts had simply started to break up

I stripped the figure down, changed out the headsculpt, repaired his broken equipment and weathered / distressed his very shiny and bright combat uniform

The chest rig was quite fragile so I could only really get away with it the way it is as the knots had been glued

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
It looks great! I really like the red dirt weathering. For my Nam guys I used to get the brown holster and paint it black. Then I'd scrape off a bit of the black around the edges and high spots to get a worn look.

·
Registered
949 Posts
He looks good!

I picked up a few figures from the same seller on eBay last year. I understand your pain about the heat/light display issue.

Val's tip on painting a brown holster black sounds like it will do the trick!

Also, if you want, Battlegear Toys has 1911 holsters in all colors:

U.S. - Holster - .45 - BattleGear Toys

Again - nicely done!

Fred

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Fred

I wish I had picked up a few more from the seller last year, most were bargains for long out of production figures

1 - 11 of 11 Posts